Football on Amazon Prime

city saint

does anyone else have shit picture quality with footy on a smart tv.i have an ethernet cable to the router but the pictures shit.anything else i watch on prime is spot on just the footy.i then tried via wifi on my laptop and its spot on.anyone any ideas im a luddite with tech by the way so numbnuts explanations please

I just got the 30day free trial after a purchase.
I can’t even find the football on the prime app on my TV!
I have managed to get the Leicester V Brighton game on prime via FireStick ,
It was a bit shite at first but its
Ok now, not something I’d pay for though!

Usually a poor picture quality is down to your download speed, circumvent this by purchasing a cheap HTPC (Home Theater PC) and connect it to your TV via HDMI.

does anyone else have shit picture quality with footy on a smart tv.i have an ethernet cable to the router but the pictures shit.anything else i watch on prime is spot on just the footy.i then tried via wifi on my laptop and its spot on.anyone any ideas im a luddite with tech by the way so numbnuts explanations please
Have you tried connecting your TV to your router via wifi instead of cable?

Have you tried connecting your TV to your router via wifi instead of cable?
Cable would be superior to wi-fi
Try this https://howtodoninja.com/how-to/change-video-stream-quality-amazon-prime-video/

Usually a poor picture quality is down to your download speed, circumvent this by purchasing a cheap HTPC (Home Theater PC) and connect it to your TV via HDMI.

And this will change the download speed how ?

For the OP : You say other(presume movies) content is good. If that’s the case, your internet speed is not the problem. Many tv’s have specific settings for fast moving action and if you don’t get them correct, it just looks like the ball is a big blur and the players movement isn’t sharp. If this is the case, play with your settings. Also, cheaper TVs from over as little as 3 years ago provide lower picture quality on fast moving action than a newer better quality/technology(oled/qled) from today.

And this will change the download speed how ?

For the OP : You say other(presume movies) content is good. If that’s the case, your internet speed is not the problem. Many tv’s have specific settings for fast moving action and if you don’t get them correct, it just looks like the ball is a big blur and the players movement isn’t sharp. If this is the case, play with your settings. Also, cheaper TVs from over as little as 3 years ago provide lower picture quality on fast moving action than a newer better quality/technology(oled/qled) from today.

It makes a huge difference, you can even gleen a very good picture with an older TV when you're connected via a dedicated wireless card or dongle. Speeds vary on different platforms, you can get varying speeds in the same room from say an android device compared to a PC.

Latency can also be a problem, whilst registering fast speeds the amount of buffer can degrade the picture quality substantially, a dedicated wifi appliance such as a network card or dongle can rectify this.

It makes a huge difference, you can even gleen a very good picture with an older TV when you're connected via a dedicated wireless card or dongle. Speeds vary on different platforms, you can get varying speeds in the same room from say an android device compared to a PC.

Latency can also be a problem, whilst registering fast speeds the amount of buffer can degrade the picture quality substantially, a dedicated wifi appliance such as a network card or dongle can rectify this.

If true, then he doesn’t have a problem with download speed, he has a problem with the hardware/firmware on his TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.