Football Rule Changes Next Season

I pretty sure that the laws of a game still talk about a handball having to be deliberate in the case of a penalty award. Think it may have been changed after Micah blocked a shot with his leg and it bounced up to his arm and fat boy Dowd gave the penalty. I also thought that if the ball hit a defenders body and then hit an arm it wouldn't be given as a penalty. Can anyone say with 100% certainty that this is the current law?

I pretty sure that the laws of a game still talk about a handball having to be deliberate in the case of a penalty award. Think it may have been changed after Micah blocked a shot with his leg and it bounced up to his arm and fat boy Dowd gave the penalty. I also thought that if the ball hit a defenders body and then hit an arm it wouldn't be given as a penalty. Can anyone say with 100% certainty that this is the current law?
Whatever the rules say if you have your hands up in the air you are treading on thin ice. Even years ago I have seen plenty of these penalties given. The Micah one was really unlucky. But I was right behind it in the away end at Anfield and it happened so quickly even I wasn't sure. Michah had his hands above his head so it looked strange.
It was a bit like the one we conceded away at Hamburg when Michah also jumped up with his hands in the air. It's a bad habit for defenders.

I thought UEFA were dropping the away goal rule.
I also heard they were changing the law so that a penalty resulted in either a goal or a goal kick so that scoring from the rebound would no longer be possible.
What happens if the ball rebounds to the half way line bounces over the goalkeeper and ends in the back of the net of the team taking the penalty?

Was reading the new rule changes and thinking about them in relation to how we play. I think perhaps the most underappreciated change is that at goal kicks the ball will now be in play once the goalkeeper touches the ball. That means that if passing out from the back, as we invariably do, opponents will be able to press the nearest defender before the ball has even left the area, and defenders will not have the security of stepping into the area to stop the game. If you think back to the games against Liverpool this season, we adopted a system fo having our central defenders very narrow at the angle of byeline and box, so I'll be interested in seeing how we adapt to this change.

I suspect most teams will themselves go long against us, but in the early weeks, a few will presumably try their luck and see if they can get us to make a mistake. Perhaps we'll use more chipped passes into the middle of the park to stretch teams and exploit the length of the pitch.

Does that mean an attacker can play the ball before it leaves the area? I would just stand an attacker in front of the ball at goal kicks?

Does that mean an attacker can play the ball before it leaves the area? I would just stand an attacker in front of the ball at goal kicks?

Defenders can enter the box but attackers must wait outside. Therefore, Ederson could be stood beside Stones on the six-yard line and pass to him, but the moment Ederson touches the ball, attackers are free to enter the box and press.

There are several interesting rule changes being introduced next season:

No opposition players allowed in the wall at free kicks.

Goalkeeper must have at least one foot on the goal line when a penalty kick is taken.

Players being substituted must leave the pitch at the nearest point.

Any handball in the lead up to a goal will disallow it regardless of it being accidental or not.

Drop balls won’t be contested.

Red and yellow cards can be issued to managers and coaching staff.

I can’t think of any objections to any of these actually.

I welcome all of them.

They will speed up the game and cause less contentious decisions. IMHO.

Officials should be made to justify their actions post-match.

There are several interesting rule changes being introduced next season:

No opposition players allowed in the wall at free kicks.

Goalkeeper must have at least one foot on the goal line when a penalty kick is taken.

Players being substituted must leave the pitch at the nearest point.

Any handball in the lead up to a goal will disallow it regardless of it being accidental or not.

Drop balls won’t be contested.

Red and yellow cards can be issued to managers and coaching staff.

I can’t think of any objections to any of these actually.

So do long range shots count double at Anfield ?

with all the new rule changes the referee will be in a pickled and on the VAR intercom asking am i right or wrong ???? VAR was only going to be used with clear and obvious mistakes by the referee's, but now its changing the rule book and will over take the game and the referee will only be used for show or a walking advert ?? what next a new system put in place for clear and obvious mistakes by VAR ???

What happens if the ball rebounds to the half way line bounces over the goalkeeper and ends in the back of the net of the team taking the penalty?

As the rebound thing is not a rule being brought in, this doesn't apply.

Missed penalties result in normal play-on as appropriate to where the ball ends up.

Assuming that VAR is used to adjudicate on whether a goalkeeper has one foot on the line at the time the penalty is struck, what is not to stop said goalkeeper from deliberately coming off the line anyway and forcing a retake? It would presumably 'spook' the penalty taker who would have to go through the process again but having already shown where he originally wanted to place his kick.

The one thing about 'new rules' is that players quickly adopt 'new ways' to get around them. Still chuckle when I see the referee spray out a line for a defensive wall and then see players shuffling forward like Geisha girls to get a few millimeters advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.