Football Rule Changes Next Season

Assuming that VAR is used to adjudicate on whether a goalkeeper has one foot on the line at the time the penalty is struck, what is not to stop said goalkeeper from deliberately coming off the line anyway and forcing a retake? It would presumably 'spook' the penalty taker who would have to go through the process again but having already shown where he originally wanted to place his kick.

The one thing about 'new rules' is that players quickly adopt 'new ways' to get around them. Still chuckle when I see the referee spray out a line for a defensive wall and then see players shuffling forward like Geisha girls to get a few millimeters advantage.

If a penalty goes in, a re-take won't happen, just as now.
If a keeper charges forward and the penalty is missed, it's exactly like now. I assume he'll get booked for it if the ref thinks it deserves it..

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere and it may warrant it's own thread ...
The goal difference rule has gone. If teams are level on points it now goes on the 'head to head' results, just like it was in Europe with away goals counting should it still be tied.
If it remains level there will be a play-off! It does not go down to goal difference or goals scored as it does now - just straight to a play off.
This makes the games against our total rivals even bigger and the chances of a play off even greater. Not sure about this ... and I'm not sure my ticker could take it!

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere and it may warrant it's own thread ...
The goal difference rule has gone. If teams are level on points it now goes on the 'head to head' results, just like it was in Europe with away goals counting should it still be tied.
If it remains level there will be a play-off! It does not go down to goal difference or goals scored as it does now - just straight to a play off.
This makes the games against our total rivals even bigger and the chances of a play off even greater. Not sure about this ... and I'm not sure my ticker could take it!
Not true. It goes to head to head after goal difference and goals scored. Very unlikely to happen.

Not true. It goes to head to head after goal difference and goals scored. Very unlikely to happen.

Sorry, my bad. I was going off something Joleone Lescott had said and when I looked it up on the web, it started with 'should teams be level in the league table, then ...' I got irked thinking it was another change not needed.
Once again, sorry. As you were ;-)

Can the goalie now, on goal kicks just chip it to a defender in the area, who heads straight back to him, attackers still need to be outside box.

Goalkeeper can then pick up the ball as headed back and not kicked back by the defender? Goalkeeper then hoofs towards oppositions left

or right corner flags and can then press from there. Could be used as timewasting by teams in last x5 mins. Particularly as goalie doesnt need

to handle it, til pressed by opponent who was outside the box? Can just tap with his feet away from the closest attacker and when eventually

opponent gets close, can then pick the ball up and has some extra seconds time before ref can penalise him for not punting upfield in rules?

It's apparently been happening (goal kick to player, headed back to keeper). The same thing happened with players kneeing the ball back when the backpass law came in, and it was subsequently barred (I think).

I don't think it's a huge thing. It only applies from a goalkick, and the time used won't be huge. The keeper can do the same from a throw-in already.

You say it's not a huge thing, yes in overall time added on, I agree

However, this happens AFTER keeper has already done all usual, pre rule change, timewasting in getting to stage of actual taking the goal kick..?

So if fans were screaming & whistling when keepers were wasting time before the rule change on just the time wasted in actually taking the kick..........

Still will be fun when keeper over chips the ball directly to the forward who blasts it back past him into the net

Agree - I prefer goal diff and goals scored as that is somthing that marks out a quality team over the course of the season. Does this apply in relegation? That is a bigger issue.

Would we have gone down in 1996 if this rule was in place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.