Football Specials

Said it on another thread City should be doing this for Spurs away

City have done it in the past for CL nights - same night return. “City in The City” from London to Piccadilly. Cost was about 50/60 but there was food and drink to buy, ex players, the league cup was on it, free programmes and express tram. But £10 is brilliant! Couldn’t imagine chartering a train to be cheap but we are partners with Virgin.

That's a great price. Though when Chelsea did it for the Liverpool game a lot of the fans were left stranded when the train back to London left without them.

i remember being on a special in the late 80's, think it may have been on the way to Birmingham ( Neil Mcnab scored and Brum fans protested against thier board ) .............anyways we had not long been knocked out of the fa cup by Brentford and blow me as our train - many carriages long pulled into Crewe there was Brentford's 2 carriage special pulling in on their way up north. I think the whole of our train must have decamped and descended on theirs like a biblical plague. There were seats coming out of windows, bogroll of all things all over the place - you name it - it was completely gutted and as we pulled away it looked a sorry empty shell heading for the scrappers. I steered clear of specials after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.