Football Specials

Noticed 30 quid for a match ticket too. Not bad at all. Fair play to Chelsea for looking after their own.

i remember being on a special in the late 80's, think it may have been on the way to Birmingham ( Neil Mcnab scored and Brum fans protested against thier board ) .............anyways we had not long been knocked out of the fa cup by Brentford and blow me as our train - many carriages long pulled into Crewe there was Brentford's 2 carriage special pulling in on their way up north. I think the whole of our train must have decamped and descended on theirs like a biblical plague. There were seats coming out of windows, bogroll of all things all over the place - you name it - it was completely gutted and as we pulled away it looked a sorry empty shell heading for the scrappers. I steered clear of specials after that.
It was just as bad on the service trains, I remember being on a train to Stoke coming back from a defeat at Derby in the 80s and as I was looking out the window the toilet bowl from a carriage in front came flying past, followed by a few other bits and pieces. It was total anarchy at times on away trips in the 70s and 80s.

I wish City would do something like that Chelsea deal for away travel, it's travel costs that are the biggest item for long distance aways now that the ticket prices are capped.

Looks like Chelsea are way ahead of us in terms of looking after the fans , £10 rail travel , dry train or not , an away day for £40 (ticket & travel ) is excellent value

I'm still mentally scarred by the 80s specials
My wife and I were on a "special" from Newcastle following an FA Cup match - NEVER,EVER again. We were locked into a carriage because of clowns causing havoc, destroying things,pulling the communication cord, and then Rags supporters met the train at Victoria and caused even more aggro ----- and the result of the game 0 - 0; we won the replay by the way.
From that day on it was coaches for us.

My wife and I were on a "special" from Newcastle following an FA Cup match - NEVER,EVER again. We were locked into a carriage because of clowns causing havoc, destroying things,pulling the communication cord, and then Rags supporters met the train at Victoria and caused even more aggro ----- and the result of the game 0 - 0; we won the replay by the way.
From that day on it was coaches for us.

The one back from the Notts County promotion non event was interesting. If you like travelling with no windows and tables

The one back from the Notts County promotion non event was interesting. If you like travelling with no windows and tables
At Luton away we were sat at a table when we went into a tunnel ... completely dark as all the light bulbs had gone ... and when we came out of the tunnel the table had gone as well !

At Luton away we were sat at a table when we went into a tunnel ... completely dark as all the light bulbs had gone ... and when we came out of the tunnel the table had gone as well !
I know I shouldn’t but I couldn’t help but LOL at that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.