Football Tourism - Good, Bad or Indifferent?

You left it with me,for next time you come over.

And for the record Jim,as I'm a strong voice on this subject,there are certain supporters /fans that don't fall into this category,you being one of them.And you know it.

Now do me a favour though mate,don't bring that big fuck off Nikon camera with you next time,and I'll consider giving you your half and half scarf back,even though it's got City / Watford on it ;)
Has @jimharri shown you his selfi stick yet?

We as a family of 5 went to New York 2 yrs ago.
We went to the Yankee Stadium to watch a baseball match with my 3 kids and wife buying baseball caps.
We also went to Maddison Square Gardens to watch a Basketball game & one of my daughters bought a large (Steve Mc Pointy hand) for a laugh.
I guess we were just as bad as anyone who visits the Etihad?

the thing is at united they are called real fans and added to the list, but the truth is they know nothing about the club

The problem isn’t with tourists from far afield it’s with the bourgeois miseries sat there expecting to be entertained and leaving disappointed if we don’t score a hatful.

so true hahaha

was coming out of the wolves game and this woman and her partner was going hell for leather at each other, then she said just wait to you get home dick head ????? never in my days would i have seen a lady giving it large to her partner after a football match

As I read this, i'll be coming to my 3rd game in a month. Southampton in the cup.

Exactly so - we were on holiday in California across the summer and went to a baseball game at the LA Dodgers stadium. Probably part of the reason we went to that particular game (there must have been many baseball games on at various places at various levels whilst we were there) was, if I'm honest, was because Major League Baseball and the LA Dodgers are iconic global brands. The Dodgers got what they wanted - some tourists spending on their tickets and merchandising (kids wanted eyewateringly expensive LA baseball hats) - and we got what we wanted - an 'experience' which can be referenced to the folks back home because most people have heard of the Dodgers.

Putting the shoe on the other foot - I imagine this is how many foreign tourists view going to a Premier League match. City as a club aspire to the level of global brand recognition that the Dodgers, for example (and even, through gritted teeth, United and Liverpool), have. We're getting there and it will increase with each trophy won, but don't think this genie can be put back in the bottle. It's too late for that.

On the flipside - we do get to watch great football!
Nice Dodger Stadium went to see the Mets play there some years a go,was made welcome,even with a Mets shirt on. Did the kids stuff out on dodger dogs ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.