Footballers Football Show - last night

CityEssex49er

From Manchester to Chelmsford to San Francisco
Anyone see it ??

Suggest if not, watch it ' on demand ' which is available from today.

3 ' experts ' - one lawyer, Brighton Financiar and another bloke ( Rag..........well, it is SKY after all ) who was an advisor to the Rag Supports Trust and worked in The City.

I didn't see it from the beginning but caught most of it. City were constantly mentioned and where we score high is with the new training facilities and City in The Community which all goes towards offsetting the losses. They also showed charts comparing expenditure, costs, commercial/marketing incomings and TV Revenue - City, Rags, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham were in various positions in mini 'leagues '.

Obviously, we didn't do so well in transfer and wage spending BUT the lawyer did say that this might not count until 2011/2012 which would be in our favour. I'm sure The Sheik and Abu Dhabi have lawyers working on ways round it.

One possible worry is the connection between a revenue stream and what the connection could be construde as between that stream and the club. In our case, that would be Etihad and the naming rights and advertising - ' Abu Dhabi airline becomes the main sponsor and therefore a huge money earner for the club but ' connected ' with the owners.

Fascinating - well worth a watch.......

It's being repeated on Sky sports one now.Very interesting indeed.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:43 am --<br /><br />
CityEssex49er said:
Anyone see it ??

3 ' experts ' - one lawyer, Brighton Financiar and another bloke ( Rag..........well, it is SKY after all ) who was an advisor to the Rag Supports Trust and worked in The City.

I didn't see it from the beginning but caught most of it. City were constantly mentioned and where we score high is with the new training facilities and City in The Community which all goes towards offsetting the losses. They also showed charts comparing expenditure, costs, commercial/marketing incomings and TV Revenue - City, Rags, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham were in various positions in mini 'leagues '.

Obviously, we didn't do so well in transfer and wage spending BUT the lawyer did say that this might not count until 2011/2012 which would be in our favour. I'm sure The Sheik and Abu Dhabi have lawyers working on ways round it.

One possible worry is the connection between a revenue stream and what the connection could be construde as between that stream and the club. In our case, that would be Etihad and the naming rights and advertising - ' Abu Dhabi airline becomes the main sponsor and therefore a huge money earner for the club but ' connected ' with the owners.

Not an expert but I'm sure PB has stated Etihad deal isn't a related party transaction in accounting Law?
If PSG are safe then I am sure we will be

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
It's being repeated on Sky sports one now.Very interesting indeed.

-- Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:43 am --

CityEssex49er said:
Anyone see it ??

Not an expert but I'm sure PB has stated Etihad deal isn't a related party transaction in accounting Law?

Yes - PSG were mentioned and the fact that their Qatari owners have a huge sponsorship deal with The Qatari Tourist Board - in fact, they were mentioned quite a lot. If there is parity and City are banned from Europe ( I CAN'T see that happening, but............. ) then a number of clubs will also be banned including PSG.

CityEssex49er said:
It's being repeated on Sky sports one now.Very interesting indeed.

-- Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:43 am --

CityEssex49er said:
Anyone see it ??

Yes - PSG were mentioned and the fact that their Qatari owners have a huge sponsorship deal with The Qatari Tourist Board - in fact, they were mentioned quite a lot. If there is parity and City are banned from Europe ( I CAN'T see that happening, but............. ) then a number of clubs will also be banned including PSG.
Yep Real, Barca, Atleti, Juve, Monaco, PSG, Liverpool, Roma for starters if the rules are applied fairly and justly, that'd be some Champions League wouldn't it?

I never knew the PSG Qatari sponsorship deal was backdated to previous accounting periods.
Fucking hell-If that isn't cooking the books then I will never know what is.

I never knew the PSG Qatari sponsorship deal was backdated to previous accounting periods.
Only way they had a hope in hell of passing SHB so they had to try it, interesting to see do they get away with it, consideration after the event and all that. It will set a bad precedent if they do.

aguero93:20 said:
Only way they had a hope in hell of passing SHB so they had to try it, interesting to see do they get away with it, consideration after the event and all that. It will set a bad precedent if they do.

I will sleep easier knowing they have took the piss
Just like our boys will tonight........hopefully

CityEssex49er said:
Anyone see it ??

Is wasn't Andersred and his supercomputer, was it?

aguero93:20 said:

I will sleep easier knowing they have took the piss
Just like our boys will tonight........hopefully

I'm with you on that, SHBlue........

I just hope that when U. E. F. A. publish their findings that the result is fair and ALL clubs who have deemed to broken the rules are banned or have sanctions against them not just City, Chelsea, PSG etc.........

Danny Hoekman said:
CityEssex49er said:
Anyone see it ??

Is wasn't Andersred and his supercomputer, was it?

Ha...ha......

To be fair, it was fairly impartial - the Rag did have a few sly digs at City but also ( appeared ) to accept that City would compete in the CL. His view was ' if City were banned, that would be a scource of amusment for a season or two '. The host - David Jones - did say ' City don't have anyone here to defend or answer for them ' and he did stop referring to City to be fair.

With our backing, City were always going to be one of the main clubs talked about - I view that as a compliment and how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Enjoy...................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.