Footballers' Protection Dogs

Is it legal to have a trained Dog that will bite someone on command? I know police Dogs can but members of the public?
Yeah it's legal. Any incidents that occur with the dog will be judged on their own merits though, it's not legal to set the dog on somebody.

Dogo Argentino? Those are brutal, if the need arises.

Make pit bulls look like Kenneth Williams.
Yeah scary bastards, would still have Dobermans as the top guard dog breed though, can't find that mix of composure, suspicion and physical prowess anywhere else.

Yeah it's legal. Any incidents that occur with the dog will be judged on their own merits though, it's not legal to set the dog on somebody.

You've sort of answered my question then unanswered it, anyone can argue that if someone buys what is effectively a kill Dog then they made a conscious decision to use a tool to hurt someone.
Don't get me wrong if you break into someone's house IMO it's tough if the beasts of hell descend but the law is more reasonable than I am.

There was a prog on tv recently where some stupid get had a massive pet alligator in their conservatory. Could be another means of getting players to part with a few thousand quid.

You've sort of answered my question then unanswered it, anyone can argue that if someone buys what is effectively a kill Dog then they made a conscious decision to use a tool to hurt someone.
Don't get me wrong if you break into someone's house IMO it's tough if the beasts of hell descend but the law is more reasonable than me.
It's perfectly legal to train a dog to set, it's not legal to set them on somebody without sufficient cause to feel threatened. It's perfectly legal to own a hockey stick but it's not legal to wrap it around somebody's head without due cause. If you have a trained attack dog that bites somebody you may have to pay out damages in a civil case but you won't face criminal charges, unless there's evidence that you deliberately caused the dog to bite someone. Trust me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (€32,325 is a lot of money for a t-shirt but it's on an installments plan with the insurance company).

It's perfectly legal to train a dog to set, it's not legal to set them on somebody without sufficient cause to feel threatened. It's perfectly legal to own a hockey stick but it's not legal to wrap it around somebody's head without due cause. If you have a trained attack dog that bites somebody you may have to pay out damages in a civil case but you won't face criminal charges, unless there's evidence that you deliberately caused the dog to bite someone. Trust me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (€32,325 is a lot of money for a t-shirt but it's on an installments plan with the insurance company).

I'm just really hoping Rashford gets 20 years if his Dog attacks someone, I need to get my head out of the clouds. Great answer though and that is a LOT of money.

I'm just really hoping Rashford gets 20 years if his Dog attacks someone, I need to get my head out of the clouds. Great answer though and that is a LOT of money.
Yeah, it is :) still haven't stopped giving out to the dog in question, 6 years after :)

If a person in this country deliberately sets their dog on someone with the purpose of it attacking them and it does so, that person commits assault

If a person in this country deliberately sets their dog on someone with the purpose of it attacking them and it does so, that person commits assault
Yeah that's my point. If you don't actually provably set the dog on them it doesn't constitute assault. If it falls under defence of the self or others it won't constitute assault either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.