For God's sake why don't they think about our defence

Wayne Bridge - quality and very good debut. Think Zabba looked great in midfield. My main concern is central defence, I suppose kompany may look good there but until we get someone like De Jong I'd see it as weakening the midfield to shore up the defence. Plus, I'd like someone who gets the team fired up and takes no prisoners - for the older ones amongst us ala Mike Doyle, Dave watson type.

Bridge - Left back
De Jong - Defensive midfielder
??????? - Centre half

Perhaps Ireland and De Jong will cover the defense and Kompany will move to centre half. If Kaka joins we will need to move Ireland a bit deeper so that we aren't too attacking. Stevie's tackling has become one of his best qualities and he could be ideal for picking the ball up from the defense and then giving some class balls out to the Brazilians and SWP.

I know we don't usually play with two deep lying defesive players though but we did play like that against Wigan, maybe it was a practice run...

GoForGlory said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
dom said:
Cool the brain , M8 they are . NB first signing Wayne Bridge .. LB. .. also MOTM yesterday.

He played well but there is no way he was man of the match yesterday

Yeah, nothing can take that title away from Zab. He worked his arse off and was absolutely brilliant. I think Bridge will turn out to be a fantastic signing for us though, as he said himself he needs the games and he will only get better. But he did great as well yesterday.

After the first 20mins Zab was real class and played so well that I would consider him in role and pushing Kompany to CB if we don't sign anyone between now and next Wednesday.

Dont you get it, the defence is next weeks project. For now its options, permatations and developing a plan b if we wre to call upon it at the business end of the park. The attack will be a mixture of guile, style and come and ave a go if think your hard enough. Next weeks matter will be opperation defend.

ManCityX said:
Bridge - Left back
De Jong - Defensive midfielder
??????? - Centre half

Perhaps Ireland and De Jong will cover the defense and Kompany will move to centre half. If Kaka joins we will need to move Ireland a bit deeper so that we aren't too attacking. Stevie's tackling has become one of his best qualities and he could be ideal for picking the ball up from the defense and then giving some class balls out to the Brazilians and SWP.

I know we don't usually play with two deep lying defesive players though but we did play like that against Wigan, maybe it was a practice run...

Good post .

fiddlesticksblue said:
Wayne Bridge - quality and very good debut. Think Zabba looked great in midfield. My main concern is central defence, I suppose kompany may look good there but until we get someone like De Jong I'd see it as weakening the midfield to shore up the defence. Plus, I'd like someone who gets the team fired up and takes no prisoners - for the older ones amongst us ala Mike Doyle, Dave watson type.

i think kompany may well be the one to sure up our defence once de jong arrives. he will prob sign early this week, everything is looking positive from what i have read.
i would like to see a strong, mobile and intelligent defender who has good distribution skills. dunne and micah are good in the tackling side of their game but lack in the distribution areas when playing at CB. micah did well at RB with some nice passes so was wondering if they have been told to hoof it up field?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=100118&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=100118&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30</a>

fiddlesticksblue said:
For the reord, I'm for Bellamy coming, but after Dunne's mindless kick out yesterday and subsequent 4 match ban, who would you buy to make the defence as awesome as the attack may become?

This!!!

CB in NOW!

fiddlesticksblue said:
For the reord, I'm for Bellamy coming, but after Dunne's mindless kick out yesterday and subsequent 4 match ban, who would you buy to make the defence as awesome as the attack may become?

To be fair thats the first time I've seen Dunny really lose his temper?

frog said:
Dont you get it, the defence is next weeks project. For now its options, permatations and developing a plan b if we wre to call upon it at the business end of the park. The attack will be a mixture of guile, style and come and ave a go if think your hard enough. Next weeks matter will be opperation defend.

You sound like the guy who sits behind me at the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.