For God's sake why don't they think about our defence

In terms of numbers we're better off then we think. There's Dunne, Richards, Onuoha & Kompany who can play CB. There's Zab, Richards or Onuoha at RB and Bridge at LB, with Ball or Garrido who could step in there if required. While I'm not convinced about Dunne, apart from his crass stupidity yesterday, he did well against one of the most physical forward lines in the Premiership yesterday. So we potentially have six first choice defenders (if we get a de Jong in) and two second choice left backs.

Another decent CB and we're probably OK.

instead of trying to buy messi from barca we shud try to buy yaya toure . he and de jong cud be amazing together

Petetheblu said:
dom said:
Cool the brain , M8 they are . NB first signing Wayne Bridge .. LB. .. also MOTM yesterday.

He played well, but I'd put Zabby as the man of the match and Kompany next. Neddy had a fantastic game to, if he could only stay injury free. :(
A poll said 63% voted Zaba as MOTM with the second at 10% being...Elano. Sorry but I can't remember where the poll was but I voted for Zaba on-line..

Zab definately MOM, then Kompany and Ned. I still think we have a deal in place to sign Kolo Toure from the Arse but might not be until last day of transfer window due to injuries and no replacement players bought yet. Would also like Lescott or Upson.

So long as Dunne never plays again I'm happy. His absence will not only improve City's technical quotient, it'll also improve morale drastically: he is the anti-esprit de corps. After 14 months of praying hard it seems everyone has finally gotten the message about him: what took so long is what I would love to know.
home_page-white_stick.gif

fiddlesticksblue said:
For the reord, I'm for Bellamy coming, but after Dunne's mindless kick out yesterday and subsequent 4 match ban, who would you buy to make the defence as awesome as the attack may become?

I am fairly sure that Hughes knows exactly that he has to sort the defense out and will sign a CB if he can.

Petetheblu said:
dom said:
Cool the brain , M8 they are . NB first signing Wayne Bridge .. LB. .. also MOTM yesterday.

He played well, but I'd put Zabby as the man of the match and Kompany next. Neddy had a fantastic game to, if he could only stay injury free. :(

I thought Ned had an excellent game too. If he can stay fit and get a run of games together, he will only get better. Dunne has a four game ban so we need to get a quality central defender and quick!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.