For Those Who Haven't Had the Opportunity

LoveCity said:
Well I have only seen him (and Ajax) once this season when I downloaded Feyenoord 4-2 Ajax and he along with the rest of the defence were not very impressive in that game where our top youth striker ripped them apart with a hattrick. Vertonghen is the one who brought Guidetti down for a penalty although it was quite soft.

Dax, I think Mancini has passed on the chance to sign him no matter how much you will it. :P The opening to get him was there last summer but Mancini opted not to for whatever reason and he isn't in the list of defenders we're linked to nowadays, which features Thiago Silva and Mamadou Sakho. Now other clubs like Inter, Spurs, and Newcastle are after him but our name is not being mentioned anymore.
I disagree. He was quite impressive in that game. The defense wasn't, coz it was a new young defense. Vertonghen been the only real starter in the lineup. But Vertonghen himself was pretty good. And that was the softest penalty ever. It really wasn't a penalty. He dispossesed Guidetti clean. His ball possession. and distribution was still top notch.

If we get Hummels or Silva, I'd say okay, these are top of the shelf Centerbacks. But Outside of the very elite (And really those 2 might be the list) there really isn't any CD that fits what City needs better than Vertonghen (or at least a player with his skillset).

Vertonghen, Aiderwield (his partner), The kid in France, Benatia e.t.c. These are the kinds of players we need to partner our captain at CD. Someone who can take the ball from the back and attack a 19 man seat back team with vision, and ballskill. That quality is needed by City. Of that I have no doubt! And Vertonghen is a perfect example of that quality.

Easily the best player on the pitch for Ajax for me, looks a decent player and comfortable on the ball, would like to see him under pressure more defensively as a center back, but, I think he could do that 'defensive midfielder' job for us quite easily, seems to have a good range of passing for it.

Dirty Harry said:
Easily the best player on the pitch for Ajax for me, looks a decent player and comfortable on the ball, would like to see him under pressure more defensively as a center back, but, I think he could do that 'defensive midfielder' job for us quite easily, seems to have a good range of passing for it.

I agree,good appraisal there meat head!

He took the piss out of the rags today. Dribbling past 2, 3 players at a time from deep, making nice passes.

Would be a quality DM for us. I don't really trust him fully in the heart of the defense.

Edit: Fkin hell, Dirty Harry, you posted the same thing I did, but much more eloquently. :-(

Rorz88 said:
Very impressed Dax, hes so comfortable on the ball and wins everything in the air! Wasnt massively impressed with silva the night before against the arse! Think Hummels in my fave tho, vertoghen a close second, very close
Thank You Sit! See! If folks just give most of the guys I shrine a little leeway and watch them, they'd see I almost always shrine very good players. Even if they are not hyped.

I love intelligence on a player:

Hence why I love SIlva, Yaya, Nasri (even when he was playin poorly), Mata (even though we didn't get him), The Truth (Pastore) even though we didn't get him either. Vertonghen, Boilesen. This guys just ooze football intelligence, and technique. Hence why I love em. :)

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:

I agree,good appraisal there meat head!

Lol, why thank you fellow 'meathead', and you too Jumanji, that doesn't happen very often, you'd be advised to take a screen-shot for prosperity ;-)

Nowhere near good enough for us.

Another David Luiz... classy on the ball, but would be swamped in the Premiership by the physical demands.

Quite seriously i would rather Lescott
And i would quite like people to get over defenders that can dribble an open up defences
1)I dont want my defender playing upfront
2)They are generally shit at there main job which is defending

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.