For Those Who Haven't Had the Opportunity

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dax777 said:
Jonathan1979 said:
Of course, the question you may need to ask yourself is this: does City really need a CB going forward if the weight of the team is already very much on the offensive side of the team? You risk getting a waterheaded squad that way (as a figure of speech) with a lonely defender at the back.

IMO Kompany is much better fitted to infiltrate as a CB than JV, but he rarely does it. I'm pretty confident that's Mancini's choice, in order to keep some security at the back.

I've seen trainings of the Belgian national squad btw, believe me: JV is not in Komps' league abilitywise. So the argument how VK is more a Vidic type of player is void.

As a footballer, maybe not. Ballskills, vision and passing? He eats VK for dinner. I don't need to see Belgian Practice to know that. Watched enough of both playing weekly for their clubs to know it. VK is like Rolando of Porto. An athletic hardman with fairly decent balls skills. He is not the passer JV is.

Again, no one is looking for a CD that bombs forward, that is just a red-herring. A CD that can oick forward passes, take advantage of space, use his vision, and keep possession for the team from the back, IS NOT the same as a forward bombing CD.
From what i saw of JV he loves bombing forward he has all the other attributes but i counted loads of times he has gone forward lost possession and left more pressure on the back because he has moved up
So today against United, JV 90 minutes. 2 runs forward. On one he dispossesed the tall Bulgarian, sprinted down the left channel and put in a dangerous cross, on the second, took a line thru the middle, things closed down, so he turned it back and found Anita wide left.

Sure he made the mistake that cost Ajax the goal, but on 4 seperate occassions, he thwarted Uniteds play with his intelligent positioning and movement. On 2 of those, they were 2 v 1s.

Happpy Mancini was on site to see the game himself, so was 'Arry. These guys are no fools. There is a bubbling talent here. I am not just making this shiate up for kicks!

Dax, listen mate.

Alot of people on this thread arent saying he's a bad player, they are mentioning their concerns about his overall play.

Everything has been constructive about him. I only saw the last 20 minutes last night, so i cant comment about his performance, but if he is getting caught once every 5 or 6 times he goes forward its a problem.

For me he'd be a far better player if he was more disciplined, but he isn't and he is in that David Luiz mould. I said ages ago, Luiz was overrated and i got slagged down by some, and ignored by others cos it wasn't within people's liking. How many do you think would have Luiz now? Probably none of them.

And here is another problem we have with JV, he is coming from a very average league, a bit like Luiz did. I'd let someone else take the gamble, and that is exactly what this is... a gamble.

PS, you sound like you get a cut if he gets a transfer, haha

Ricster said:
Dax, listen mate.

Alot of people on this thread arent saying he's a bad player, they are mentioning their concerns about his overall play.

Everything has been constructive about him. I only saw the last 20 minutes last night, so i cant comment about his performance, but if he is getting caught once every 5 or 6 times he goes forward its a problem.

For me he'd be a far better player if he was more disciplined, but he isn't and he is in that David Luiz mould. I said ages ago, Luiz was overrated and i got slagged down by some, and ignored by others cos it wasn't within people's liking. How many do you think would have Luiz now? Probably none of them.

And here is another problem we have with JV, he is coming from a very average league, a bit like Luiz did. I'd let someone else take the gamble, and that is exactly what this is... a gamble.

Was not like Luiz at all.He was better then luiz defensively and didn't make pointless runs forward if any at all.Kept hernandez quiet most of the time and led the defense well.I just think that the defense around him does not do him justice.

So was Mancini there scouting him again? I'm not sure why else he'd be at the swamp, he knows exactly what to expect from the scum and we don't play them until April. Looking at Eriksen and/or Vertonghen would be my best guess. Eriksen was only so/so yesterday but made some nice passes.

Ricster said:
Dax, listen mate.

I know! I think I should talk less about the guy. Lol! That said, I agree there is a risk with players from lower leagues. But I think we have seen him against enough CL opposition to suggest he can handle the stepup.

David Luiz, (whom I loved) was more potential when he was at Benfica. He played LB alot, was considered the future and looked great in spurts. But he was the "Neymar" of defending. An ultraskilled Brazilian who was supposed to be the next big thing. And like many others I was sold on his potential. But JV on the other hand is a seasoned vet. 4 years of continued starting history on him: Leadership qualities, calming effect, brains, ball skills, composure, concentration, positioning and potential. We have 4 years of evidence on him as a starting CD.

I personally love his ballskills, but he is a solid CD outside of that.

Okay, that is it! I am done being his internet agent :P

-- Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 am --

Salar said:
Ricster said:
Dax, listen mate.

Was not like Luiz at all.He was better then luiz defensively and didn't make pointless runs forward if any at all.Kept hernandez quiet most of the time and led the defense well.I just think that the defense around him does not do him justice.
I think the more people watch him, the more they'll realize this. His skill is an addition, not an impediment to his defending.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
So was Mancini there scouting him again? I'm not sure why else he'd be at the swamp, he knows exactly what to expect from the scum and we don't play them until April. Looking at Eriksen and/or Vertonghen would be my best guess. Eriksen was only so/so yesterday but made some nice passes.
I had a boner when I saw Mancini in the stand next to 'Arry. I so hope he was there to see his next signing :)

That misplaced pass leading to Shit Pee's goal, if he did that in a sky blue top against the rags, he'd be a hunted man in Manchester.

I don't know if that can be drilled out of him or what. But yeah, it does make me think of Luiz.

Re: Re: For Those Who Haven't Had the Opportunity

EricBrooksGhost said:
Dax777 said:
a boner when I saw Mancini in the stand next to 'Arry.
You need to get out more
I forgot to add the part of a model lying naked on my bed at the time :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.