for those who think the scum will win every game

Damocles said:
bert's broken neck said:
Damocles said:
Before today we were top of the form table.

Home wins vs Blackburn and Bolton can make these tables meaningess!

We have more points than any team against the top six sides

Not entirely accurate pal.

United
0pts off City
6pts off Tottenham
6pts off Arsenal
4pts off Chelsea
1pt off Newcastle

Total - 17/27 - Still to play City

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

Total - 15/18 - Still to play Arsenal, United, Chelsea & Newcastle

Damocles said:
bert's broken neck said:
moomba said:
United didn't do so well at home against Blackburn.

7 wins from our last 8 before yesterday.

They did ok at Swansea (and WBA and they nicked a point at Chelski after being 3 down!)

I'm not trying to be a wum, but I do believe we are losing our way recently and this has to be addressed!

The results and performance don't back this up, would you have said this if we won and United lost leaving us five clear?

That would have given us the League (almost, but the psycological damage would have been immense!) If only!

Utd seem to be able to build up this reputation within football that they cannot be beaten, even when the stats prove that wrong..

This is why they always do well...

A prime example of this is their current run, if City were winning week after week the media would question if City were peaking to early yet with utd this is never mentioned..

We can win it, we all just need to keep our mental strength.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17334542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17334542</a>

This link compares our final 10 fixtures

My big issue is that our run in far far more difficult than theirs. Of the nine weeks left (not including when we meet) I think we have the more difficult fixture on at least 7 of the matches - and an arguement could be made to say our game is more difficult than theirs every week until the last game of season when we have QPR at home and they play Sunderland away.

I think that the way we are playing away from home, means the games against Stoke, Arsenal, Norwich and Newcastle will all be very difficult, as will Chelsea at home.

whereas you look at their fixtures I cannot see where they will drop many points

Obviously we will have to beat them to stand a chance so if we say that now and are therefore back to two points ahead.

We can afford to be two points worse than them over the other nine games (if our GD stays better).

Basically we are going to do it we are going to have to have a fucking brilliant run and win some very tough games to do it.

sjk2008 said:
Damocles said:
bert's broken neck said:

United
0pts off City
6pts off Tottenham
6pts off Arsenal
4pts off Chelsea
1pts off Newcastle

Total - 17/27 - Still to play City!

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

Lokks a bit difficult wouldn't you agree! Makes all those stupid points lost at places like Fulham, WBA, Sunderland and Swansea even harder to swallow, given that the scum took 9 points from three of those fixtures and Sunderland away may be a meaningless one when it comes around (maybe we've won it by then!)

sjk2008 said:
Damocles said:
bert's broken neck said:

United
0pts off City
6pts off Tottenham
6pts off Arsenal
4pts off Chelsea
0pts off Newcastle

Total - 16/24 - Still to play City & Newcastle

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

We've got 83% of possible points, they have 66% of possible points.

They will drop points...

In fact i would go as far to say that there only dead cert is when the play Everton at home..

That one will be a banker..

bellamys dodgy knee said:
They will drop points...

In fact i would go as far to say that there only dead cert is when the play Everton at home..

That one will be a banker..

When did Everton ever turn up at the swamp!

Can't wait for Moyes to replace the alchie! Hate that guy with a passion!

We will get a decent points return from our remaining games, the real concern is that so many of the teams that United still have to play are traditionally the teams who roll over and die against them - Villa, Wigan, Everton are almost always guaranteed points for the Rags.

Although some of the teams they still have to play are fighting against relegation, I seriously worry that they would ever have the bottle to stand up against United and get some kind of result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.