Total - 16/24 - Still to play City & Newcastle

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

Total - 15/18 - Still to play Arsenal, United, Chelsea & Newcastle

We've got 83% of possible points, they have 66% of possible points.

You didn't say that. You said City had more points against the top 6 sides. Fact is, that's wrong. Regardless of how many of them you have played. In two weeks times you could be correct though.

In if I'm honest, when the season finishes I wouldnt be surprised to see you have accrued 23/30 whereas United will only have 19/30.

Damocles said:
sjk2008 said:
Damocles said:
We have more points than any team against the top six sides

Not entirely accurate pal.

United
0pts off City
6pts off Tottenham
6pts off Arsenal
4pts off Chelsea
0pts off Newcastle

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

If we win the four unplayed matches, our % would be 90 (27/30!)

Theirs would be 17/30 (57%) so I have to agree that they aren't doing it against the better sides. We aren't doing it against the lesser ones and therein lies our problem - getting up for the likes of Swansea away!

bert's broken neck said:
Damocles said:
sjk2008 said:
Not entirely accurate pal.

United
0pts off City
6pts off Tottenham
6pts off Arsenal
4pts off Chelsea
0pts off Newcastle

City
3pts off United
6pts off Tottenham
3pts off Arsenal
0pts off Chelsea
3pts of Newcastle

If we win the four unplayed matches, our % would be 90 (27/30!)

Theirs would be 17/30 (57%) so I have to agree that they aren't doing it against the better sides. We aren't doing it against the lesser ones and therein lies our problem - getting up for the likes of Swansea away!

True. The problem you seem to have is that you don't seem to have found the knack of grinding out results when the match is tough going or even if you haven't played your best (a la Everton, Sunderland, WBA & Swansea) whereas as they have been doing such a thing for years.

Although I have to say it's unbelievable to think that looking at how well you have played for the majority of the season and how indifferent they have been at times, United have actually got 4pts more than you off everyone else (not including the derby) over the course of the season.

There is a light said:
We will get a decent points return from our remaining games, the real concern is that so many of the teams that United still have to play are traditionally the teams who roll over and die against them - Villa, Wigan, Everton are almost always guaranteed points for the Rags.

Although some of the teams they still have to play are fighting against relegation, I seriously worry that they would ever have the bottle to stand up against United and get some kind of result.
Exactly this teams are beat before they play utd,thier games at spurs and arsenal was a massive let down for us mentally, not many teams win at both of those grounds, maybe we will, but i still feel them getting wins in them 2 games plus late goal at norwich mite have affected some of our players.Just hope we come out now fighting for this title and when we play them a win takes us back to top spot goin into the last 2 games.

1978blue said:
There is a light said:
We will get a decent points return from our remaining games, the real concern is that so many of the teams that United still have to play are traditionally the teams who roll over and die against them - Villa, Wigan, Everton are almost always guaranteed points for the Rags.

Although some of the teams they still have to play are fighting against relegation, I seriously worry that they would ever have the bottle to stand up against United and get some kind of result.
Exactly this teams are beat before they play utd,thier games at spurs and arsenal was a massive let down for us mentally, not many teams win at both of those grounds, maybe we will, but i still feel them getting wins in them 2 games plus late goal at norwich mite have affected some of our players.Just hope we come out now fighting for this title and when we play them a win takes us back to top spot goin into the last 2 games.

just about sums it up for me!

Even if we manage to win at the Emirates (we have alrady won at WHL!) we will still need to win all the other so called tough ones to gives us a squeek of a chance!

Scum could still slip up in one or two of theirs though - here's hoping!

sjk2008 said:
True. The problem you seem to have is that you don't seem to have found the knack of grinding out results when the match is tough going or even if you haven't played your best (a la Everton, Sunderland, WBA & Swansea) whereas as they have been doing such a thing for years.

You could turn it around and say that they haven't found the knack of grinding out results when the match is tough going or even if they haven't played their best (a la Blackburn, Newcastle twice, Stoke) whereas our games against QPR, Wigan, Villa etc show that we can.

Not much use using last season as an indicator of anything unfortunately. Chelsea were well out of it and the Rags were coasting home. When Chelsea went on that little run and got themselves in the position to go level points in the game at OT they got smashed. The run in won't be anything like last season, it'll be tooth and nail all the way.

I cantn see anyone beating utd except us...most teams go into games vs utd already half beaten.

And the relegation teams will be more interested in taking points of each other than they will against utd.

We need to stay withing touching distance till the derby and then beat them and win the final two matches (Newcastle will be a very difficult game)

The arsenal and chelski games are now huge (all games are huge but these two are where we could definitely drop more points). Yesterdays performance was poor (proably the worst of the season - but also give credit to Swansea who I thought played really well in the firs half and caused us real problems).

We as fans are just not used to this intense competition.

Imagine being a Blackburn fan in 95 watching your team losing and listening to them battering West Ham for that elusive goal. Now that is pressure!

Chelsea were level on points with United 2 years ago going into their last game and they hammered Wigan

United were level with Chelsea going into their last game the season before. They beat Wigan.

That is pressure and we are shitting ourselves with 10 games to go.

Imagine the night of the Derby? Fck me they better have more medical staff there that night as it could be Heart Attack City!

They wont win every game and neither will we. We cannot afford to get behind them though as I am convinced they will win at Wolves and be 4 points clear. Chelsea is now a must win.

Betfair have United 8/11 ish and us 6/4 ish which I would say is about right.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We as fans are just not used to this intense competition.

Imagine being a Blackburn fan in 95 watching your team losing and listening to them battering West Ham for that elusive goal. Now that is pressure!

Chelsea were level on points with United 2 years ago going into their last game and they hammered Wigan

United were level with Chelsea going into their last game the season before. They beat Wigan.

That is pressure and we are shitting ourselves with 10 games to go.

Imagine the night of the Derby? Fck me they better have more medical staff there that night as it could be Heart Attack City!

They wont win every game and neither will we. We cannot afford to get behind them though as I am convinced they will win at Wolves and be 4 points clear. Chelsea is now a must win.

Betfair have United 8/11 ish and us 6/4 ish which I would say is about right.
The only way we can win the League, in my opinion, is if we come out of the Derby on top!

On that basis, I think that 6-4 is a tasty bet, but with Cheltenham around the corner, I'm going to have to wait and see if I've got any readies left by Friday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.