Forbes: World's Most Valuable Football Teams | City is 6th!

Chelsea are shown debt free there! I thought, unlike us, Abramovich had only 'loaned' the club his huge financial investment, and in future he could potentially walk away and demand repayment, saddling them with huge debts?

You are correct - Roman has another entity that has loaned over a billion to the Chelsea parent - this has NOT been converted to equity and the Chelsea parent owes the debt - of no interest to UEFA under FFP though - seems a big sponsorship by Gazprom (Bein Sports) or similar can make any financial impropriety disappear.

But, but I thought we were the biggest, most richest club ever, ruining football with our bottomless pit of money. Next time a rag or scouse spouts off about money post em that link and ask them why they're not winning everything.
Whenever I feel the need to respond to a Liverpool supporting colleague of mine and my other United chums when they get a bit giddy discussing football with me, I just point out

(a) how the Sheik has turned his investment into full equity at City, leaving the club debt free..

whilst

(b) then quoting 'Deep Throat' who advised Woodward & Bernstein of 'Watergate/All The President's Men' fame to 'Follow the money..', suggesting that my chums do the same regarding the ackers that have poured into Liverpool and United over the past decade..

of course, with the rider

(c) '..all the way to Wall Street, Bermuda and various shopping malls and other sporting organisations across the United States'

Soon pops them back in their boxes, I find!

The Forbes valuation uses a method called Enterprise Value, which adds debt to equity value. So clubs in huge debt actually come out better. The more realistic method for valuing clubs is the Markham Multivariate Model.
Sorry for directing my question but thought you may well be able to answer.

Am I right in thinking we don’t “owe” the sheik any money, unlike Chelsea’s alleged loan to the the Russian being carried as debt on their accounts.

I thought the Sheik may well have kick started our journey but his input got translated into an investment as a major shareholder in the CFG organisation, and will make money through his investment, I.e by selling his /interest/shares.

Thereby we are now a fully operating concern without a ‘dependency’ on loans from a beneficiary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.