Foreign player limit and keepers

Bombo

I think it's a real waste of a foreign player place to have our second choice goalkeeper taking a foreign spot.
Keepers rarely get injured so I think losing a valuable foreign spit is crazy.

I get it that Jie Hart wants first team football and Pep wants his own man between the sticks. Surely we can find a decent English keeper willing to take the no 2 keeper role. Caballero is a waste of a spot in my opinion. Rather keep Nasri and gave an English keeper than have Willy in the squad.

Unless he was club trained it wouldn't make a difference for the CL as we already have 4 association trained players in Stones, Delph, Sterling and Clichy so Hart or any other English/association trained player would take up a foreign spot. Someone like Gunn, Lawlor or O'Brien would not as they are club trained.

The rule is changing next year.

UEFA have decided there can be only on club classed as being the Manchester Club. After some serious lobbying from David Gill and UEFA "Ambassodor" GPC United will be declared the "True Manchester Club". In effect, it will mean that all our players will be deemed foreign and we will be banned for 10 years and fined €110,000,000.

Unless he was club trained it wouldn't make a difference for the CL as we already have 4 association trained players in Stones, Delph, Sterling and Clichy so Hart or any other English/association trained player would take up a foreign spot. Someone like Gunn, Lawlor or O'Brien would not as they are club trained.
But it would enable us to move Delph or Clichy on.

But it would enable us to move Delph or Clichy on.
Delph is obviously not going anywhere yet -- his energy is a good fit. Clichy might leave next year but that is when we'll start to see more and more club/association trained players as well who are in and around the squad. If Angelino is second choice next year, we can sign a foreign LB to replace Clichy. And the reality is, there's a good chance we'll end up signing a big name English player next summer as well. Or perhaps ideally Bellerin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.