Foreign Slots?

MCFC_4Heatons

Assuming all goes as planned am I right in saying:

Jorginho takes Yaya's place in squad

Mahrez takes final foreign slot in squad?

I know CL squad make-up is slightly different to Premier League & U21 player can go on b list but we can't still be in for Fred & some other players we've been linked with if we sign Jorginho & Mahrez without further outgoings can we?

This is my understanding of the situation.

Home Grown (Association)

1 John Stones
2 Kyle Walker
3 Fabian Delph
4 Raheem 'The Killer' Sterling

Foreign
1 Vincent Kompany
2 Aymeric Laporte
3 Nico Otamendi
4 Danilo
5 Ben Mendy
6 Ferna
7 Jorginho*
8 David Silva
9 Bernardo Silva
10 Kevin De Bruyne
11 Leroy Sane
12 Riyad Mahrez*
13 Sergio Aguero
14 Gabriel Jesus
15 Ilkay Gundogan
16 Ederson
17 Claudio Bravo

*or whoever we sign, foreign or association trained will still take these slot.

B List
1 Phil Foden
2 Aro Muric - will be club trained on January 1st
3 Brahim Diaz - assuming he doesn't go out on loan.
4 Plenty of other players who are unlikely to actually see game time (The Nmechas and Duhaney etc) but we'll still register because there is no limit and in the event of a catastrophic injury crisis we could use them.

We could free up another foreign slot if absolutely necessary by selling Bravo but that would require us to make some interesting squad decisions. Muric could be our backup goalkeeper from January 1st as he would take one of our unused Home Grown (Club) slots but until then we would still have to have a minimum of 2 in the senior squad (ie: not B list).

We could use Gunn for this slot but I think that's probably unrealistic because he will likely want first team football, either in the Premier League or Championship - heard Leeds were sniffing around but I reckon he'll stay at Norwich if he doesn't move up. The only realistic way of doing it then is by registering Daniel Grimshaw as he is already club trained, but then that raises questions of whether either Muric or Grimshaw is actually good enough to be our backup, plays the right way etc etc. So its extremely unlikely we sign a third player this summer for me. In January maybe if Pep really rates Aro but for the time being unless Bravo or anyone else leaves I don't see it happening.

I am hoping Angus Gunn is promoted to number 2 and we sell Bravo. I don't see the point in loaning Gunn out again, when he can play all the League Cup and FA Cup games.

I am hoping Angus Gunn is promoted to number 2 and we sell Bravo. I don't see the point in loaning Gunn out again, when he can play all the League Cup and FA Cup games.
The question is if he is happy with being second choice. If he would, I would definitely have him as our number 2. I guess Mahrez and Jorginho takes Yaya`s and Zinch`s spot, but if we replace Bravo with Gunn we would have one more foreign spot for another player Mbappe/Hazard/De Ligt/Skriniar/Fred/Ndombele etc.

Can't see why Gunn would stay. He has 2 years left on his contract there is no long term prospect of him displacing Ederson. He is on the edge of the England squad. If he moves now he gets 1st team league football now instead of waiting and we get maximum value now with sell ons rather than wait until his last year. Selling now is probably best for both parties.

Can't see why Gunn would stay. He has 2 years left on his contract there is no long term prospect of him displacing Ederson. He is on the edge of the England squad. If he moves now he gets 1st team league football now instead of waiting and we get maximum value now with sell ons rather than wait until his last year. Selling now is probably best for both parties.
Agree with this, the powers that be would need to decide if we want sell ons and buy backs etc , but ultimately it’s decision time. I can’t say I would blame him for wanting to play as a number one somewhere.

This has been an option for years when we have had far more dead wood in the 17. We have never done it. I'd like to see it happen as big name 2nd keepers are a pain in the ass. They are given game time that really should go to youth players anyway. The risk is injury but I'd take that risk as i have faith in our youth keepers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.