Forest v City 1989/90 (Gary Crosby goal)

We had that effect on a few players. Kit Symons who looked an accomplished player 95/96 turned into a nervous wreck the following seasons.
Buster Phillips Lee Bradbury Gerry Creaney. A rich seam of talent brought up from the sunny south

Reactions: mat
Who remembers the City fans doing the conga at Forest ? I think we must've lost that day.
Wasn’t that under the Football Genius when Jason Lee scored a hat trick in around 15 first half minutes? I remember once Brightwell got sent off we just started singing and dancing about playing at Grimsby next season.

My funniest memory of the journey to Nottingham was the confusion amongst around 30 City fans over Duncan Goodhew being on the train, or whether it was just a bald lookalike in a track suit.
What clinched the deal was him getting off at Sheffield with a towel under his arm (I kid you not).

I was there that game and Gary fecking Crosby couldn't take a corner after the goal. Our away support were behind the corner flag.
Our away support was absolutely outstanding that day...top notch.
We had the usual half of the bridgford end terrace ..added to the corner terrace stretching round to their executive stand seats.we also had the whole of their away seat allocation....,and more,from the corner flag right up to the half way line.we were loud and proud.think Coventry City away turn outs under kendall and Reid......thats the only thing i can distinctly remember about that day.....apart from watching Dibble collect the ball,and me turning my head to the right towards the half way line,from the lower executive section to await the expected goal kick....only to hear this quiet,trickle of noise,a ripple of applause(think watford away in the 80s..) which quickly turned into laughter,astonishment and loud pro-longed piss taking joy from the home support.i doubt many had actually witnnesed what happened,but news travels fast in a football ground....
My most humiliating moment of watching live football,and i hadnt a clue what happened,had to wait till Motd to see it,and i got laughed at by workmates for months afterwards.
Not the best away day ive had.and i dont think Dibble ever really came back from that.

Reactions: mat
Our away support was absolutely outstanding that day...top notch.
We had the usual half of the bridgford end terrace ..added to the corner terrace stretching round to their executive stand seats.we also had the whole of their away seat allocation....,and more,from the corner flag right up to the half way line.we were loud and proud.think Coventry City away turn outs under kendall and Reid......thats the only thing i can distinctly remember about that day.....apart from watching Dibble collect the ball,and me turning my head to the right towards the half way line,from the lower executive section to await the expected goal kick....only to hear this quiet,trickle of noise,a ripple of applause(think watford away in the 80s..) which quickly turned into laughter,astonishment and loud pro-longed piss taking joy from the home support.i doubt many had actually witnnesed what happened,but news travels fast in a football ground....
My most humiliating moment of watching live football,and i hadnt a clue what happened,had to wait till Motd to see it,and i got laughed at by workmates for months afterwards.
Not the best away day ive had.and i dont think Dibble ever really came back from that.

I remember coins,Mars bars being thrown at their next corner.

I was a big fan of Dibble as a kid. Definite blue tinted glasses looking back at his performances now on you tube. Some of the goals he let in made Hans Segars say “Fuck me he’s giving the game away”
He was fucking awful at times, still drinks in a pub I go in from time to time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.