Former City Player George Glendon Rape Case (NOT GUILTY)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot, 9 Jan 2018.

1. Mike D

Mike D

Easier said than done Karen a nineteen year old lad testostirones flying around everywhere and there's naked girl in front of you pulling your truncheon. I have been there myself (obviously not been accused of rape bit.)its hard to turn down like most lads at that age your dick rules your brain. So long as he took precautions then like most lads he filled his boots.

2. Bewar3them00n

Bewar3them00n

I thought it was"innocent" until proved guilty?

3. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I wouldn't go there - more likely they just did their job, assessed the evidence, and found it insufficient.

I don't think that UK law allows for complaining about gender (or any other) bias; when I've done jury service, they called 15 from a pool of 200, and then randomly drawn 12 from those 15, so it is pretty random what you get.

4. che_don_john

che_don_john

I served on a jury last year (horrible experience - do what you can to get out of it if you ever get called up!) and we were told that either parties could reject a jury for reasons as simple as not liking the demographic. In fact, the second trial I was meant to do had already had two jury's rejected - we were the third and then the defendant didn't show up anyway.

5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I've done it twice, including having a rape trial.

What you write sounds odd to me, but I'm not an expert.

6. ancoats

ancoats

this is why the media should never get involved with any court hearing a press embargo should be set until found guilty or not. now this lad is finished and the shit sticks if you throw enough at the fans all the media crap before and during his case is not needed the lad has to get on in life and start again with this thing around his neck

7. M18CTID

M18CTID

I won't lie. After reading the initial article in the link on the first page I thought this looked quite bad for him with her falling over and falling asleep in the taxi and stuff - more damning for me than the Ched Evans case who I always felt had been wrongly convicted, particularly as a rape had never been reported on that occasion - but clearly other stuff has come out since for him to be found not guilty.

Pedantic as it seems, Damocles has a point - not guilty doesn't mean he definitely didn't do it but considering it took a jury only half an hour to acquit him, I think it's fair to say he almost certainly is innocent.

8. che_don_john

che_don_john

Found this to explain it:

Apparently though only the prosecution can exercise it these days, so it wouldn't have helped Glendon anyway.

9. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

It usually looks like that, as the prosecution has first go and put its side. You can come off the first day thinking 'they're stuffed', only for the next day to have that opinion torn apart.

10. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Cheers.
    I guess someone in the jury box with e.g. an obvious tattoo related to a relevant group, might be considered to be questionable. In that case, you might not want to tip off the defence why they were being rejected.