Former City Players Watch 2018/19

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I thought it might be helpful to have a thread where we can discuss how former City players are getting on (permanent moves away, not loanees, as those discussions still go in the Bluemoon or Player Performance forums).

Starting things off with Kelechi having a fairly good friendly for Leicester today.

Bursant Celina looking like he might be getting a win today with Swansea at Sheff Utd. 2-1 up with three minutes of injury time to go.
I still think he’ll end up being a lower Premier League level player at worst, which is better than most every other footballer in the world, so nothing to balk at.

Indeed they did...

Ishmael Miller: Oldham Athletic sign ex-West Brom striker on one-year deal
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45050771

Since leaving us he has made quite the journey around English football—Oldham will be his tenth club.
Wow where has he been the last 12 months?
Recall a youth team game at the swamp and City fans were sat in the 2nd tier behind the goal. In the front row, a large women with another much younger child, sat silently throughout the game. City make a substitution and the bloke on the tannoy announces the sub coming on is Ishael Miller. The next thing is this woman and lad get very excited, shouting ''come on Ishmael'' at the top of their voices every time he is near to the ball. Proud mum and sibling indeed!

Wow where has he been the last 12 months?
Recall a youth team game at the swamp and City fans were sat in the 2nd tier behind the goal. In the front row, a large women with another much younger child, sat silently throughout the game. City make a substitution and the bloke on the tannoy announces the sub coming on is Ishael Miller. The next thing is this woman and lad get very excited, shouting ''come on Ishmael'' at the top of their voices every time he is near to the ball. Proud mum and sibling indeed!
Apparently looking for a new club, as he was released by Bury at the end of 2016/17 (promotion) season.

That is a great story—wish he had a better time of it since then, seems to have struggled.

That's what I mean, surely even a conference club would have took him on a short term contract while he fixed up another league club. Odd.
It is strange. I wonder if he had an injury or some sort of personal situation that made it difficult to get a contract?

Jack Byrne has apparently been suspended by Oldham. If it’s due to his attitude then he’s risking pissing he career up the wall, as there were rumours he had a bad attitude at Blackburn too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.