Forum suggestion: # Posts/Page

Jazzcat

@Ric or crew/others
Is there any good reason why the number of posts per page isn't being increased?
I imagine the server load reduction you might achieve by just doubling or tripling the allowed post count might be sufficiently significant to give it a try. Or am I missing something?

@Ric or crew/others
Is there any good reason why the number of posts per page isn't being increased?
I imagine the server load reduction you might achieve by just doubling or tripling the allowed post count might be sufficiently significant to give it a try. Or am I missing something?
Twice the number of posts, half the adverts. Simples.

The more posts per page sounds a good idea but depending on what device you are viewing on more posts with Youtube/GIFS etc will take ages to load.

If the site goes down that road we could do with a dropdown to give the option on 15/25/50 posts per page.

The forum always had 10 posts per page in its old incarnation, even before there were adverts on the site, although the old software did allow the option for users to increase the number of posts if they so desired.

However, with the new forum software that's not possible unfortunately. It would cause huge problems with URLs as the page number is part of it and the page number is based on the quantity of posts per page, if that makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.