Found this interesting tidbit in a football365 article..

lordloverocket said:
Then again i might just be paranoid.

You are - it's taken years to put in place - the process was started well before we got money.

Anyway - I wouldn't worry - our naming deal appears likely to be with another company from Abu Dhabi. I'd be surprised if we didn't get more and more sponsorship deals from that part of the world. Bayern get a huge proportion of their cash from corporate deals - if they can do it, it's easy for us to argue that is the relevant 'market price'.

bluemoondays said:
richardtheref said:
You are not even suppossed to be able to approach other clubs until the 1st of June. Makes you wonder how Utd are "near to completing" the De Gea deal..........

I'm amazed at how many people believe this (not getting at you). Players can be bought and sold at any time in the year, their registration to the club can only be transferred in the specific time periods of January and the summer one starting in June. Obviously they can't play for their new club until the registration has been transferred at the league offices.

The only reason you don't see (many) transfers outside of these periods is a) if they buy someone still playing competitive football they could end up with a cruciate ligament injury or suchlike before the transfer of the registration happens and b) the buying club becomes responsible for wages and insurance, again, why do that if they aren't playing/registered for you (not 100% sure on the 2nd reason).

Madrid regularly pick up players in May, they've already signed a couple - teams wouldn't be doing it if it was illegal or not allowed.

Good point. Chris Smalling to Man ure was done outside of the window but only registered when the window opened

richardtheref said:
blueballs beat me to it. Macauley's contract expired on the last game of the season.

But didn't the rags sign the mighty Smalling up from Fulham even though it was way out of the window period and the player continued to play for Fulham until the end of the season? And haven't the Arse bought someone?

-- Wed May 25, 2011 7:24 pm --

BTW, the sooner Twattini gets kicked upstairs to Fifa to replace that mad old coot Seth Blather, the better I will like it. Let him visit his prejudices, bundling and vindictiveness on international football. He's already made the Chimps League a very boring thing for the group stages by allowing shite pub teams from Transylvania to enter. The sheer number of fixtures that are complete and utter mismatches is strangling the life out of the first half of the tournament, That is what comes of his ridiculous meddling. He is a thick but he is clearly relentless and determined to wreak further damage. This is merely phase two of his "lets fuck up the CL 'cos we are thick" project.

There are lots of noises being made that FFP is pushing up ticket prices across Europe so teams can meet the demands, the whole notion of FFP is backwards the principal is a good one but the reality is just going against everything is is ment to stand for.

Blue Haze said:
Wouldn't help us. The transfer fee is expensed over the life of the contract.
so if we signed Messi for £250m but gave him a 25 year contract we'd be safe? :) only 10 mil a year!
Or all transfers will be bosnans and trading between clubs will cease to exist leading to closure of those clubs who invest in acadamies then cashing in on their players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.