France v Germany | Euro 2020 Group Stage

MCFC1993

France v Germany

Tuesday 15th June 2021

Kicks off 20:00 (BST) at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany. Capacity at 20%, approximately 14,000.

Referee: Carlos de Cerro Grande (ESP)

Coverage begins at 19:10 (BST) on ITV 1. Presented by Mark Pougatch, analysis from Ian Wright, Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. Commentary from Clive Tyldesley and Ally McCoist.

1623698213553.png

This is the game that everyone is waiting for, this has the potential to be a cracker and probably the best commentary team on it, really looking forward to it.

FRANCE
The World Champions, probably should be saying European Champions too but Portugal did a number on them 5 years ago. They have without doubt the most talented squad in the tournament, they’re the bookies favourites and Bluemoon’s favourites. They’ve lost 2 games in the last 3 calendar years, bizarrely they were unexpected defeats to Finland and Turkey but any big game over that time they’ve tended to show up. They come into game undefeated this year.
1623698303567.png
They top their WCQ group of course.

They’ll obviously go out to win but as mentioned in the Portugal write up in the other thread, a draw isn’t the worst result as they’ll all be aiming to beat Hungary, so there’s a chance the 3 big hitters all go through.

No point really going through their players but to name a couple, if Kante and Mbappe show up, it’s bad news for the rest.

Full Squad:
1623698338186.png

GERMANY
Bizarrely there isn’t as much talk around Germany as some of the other favourites coming into this tournament but nobody is writing them off of course. I picked them to win it because I think they have the potentially to do so and I always expect them to overcome any pre-tournament issues. It just depends on which Germany show up as they’ve been a bit Jekyll and Hyde over the past few years. The last World Cup was the first time they’d failed to get out of the group stage and they got hammered 6-0 off of Spain in November, they also lost a World Cup Qualifier to North Macedonia in March, so everything points to them struggling a little.
1623698374150.png
They sit 3rd in their World Cup Qualifying group behind Armenia and North Macedonia.

A draw wouldn’t be the worst result for them as explained with France.

Much like France they have class all over the squad. Gundogan is there for us, he had a great season, Rudiger stepped up for Chelsea in the 2nd half of the season, Werner has the potential to score a lot of goals but had a shocking season in front of goal and of course there are a lot of world class to very good Bayern Munich players in the squad; Neuer, Gnabry, Sane, Kimmich, Muller, Musiala, Goretzka and Sule.

Full Squad:
1623698429645.png

Germany probably will play like this:

Neuer (Bayern)
Ginter (Gladbach) - Hummels (Dortmund) - Rüdiger (Chelsea)
Kimmich (Bayern) - Gündogan (City) - Kroos (Real) - Gosens (Atalanta)
Havertz (Chelsea) - Müller (Bayern) - Gnabry (Bayern)

Looking forward to this game. My and I suppose most people's tips to win it, outwith some corners of England at least, is France. The Germans are said to be not to as strong, so they will probably only get to the semis. They always turn up and I have no doubt they will again this time. Hopefully a rip roaring bonanza of end to end stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.