France

I haven't been for 13 years, we went to 0
Paris and Nice. Back then, I didn't encounter any standing Africans, gypsies, or terrorists. It was only a few months after the banlieue riots.

The worst thing I encountered was a fat french lout in a candy store in Nice trying to mock my wife and I to the shopkeeper because we were étrangers. She told him to fuck off and get out

Vive la France.

A great Country mocked by others for its principles. Shame they elected a blairite president but they didn't have much choice really.

Vive la France.

A great Country mocked by others for its principles. Shame they elected a blairite president but they didn't have much choice really.
I also love France. How is it that they didn't have a choice? There were two candidates standing for election.

If you mean Marine Le Pen is whatever "ist" people want to tar her with, she definitely isn't her father. In fact, she expelled him from the party. Yes, she isn't "down" with multiculti but she is in favour of civil unions for homosexuals, and is ok with abortion and changed her party platform to reflect that.

She is more to the left than many know. All this being said, this isn't the politics sub. If you care to discuss we can via pm. That is if you honestly care to have a discussion, as.oppossd to how my in-laws have a political discussion. They only care to brow beat. :)

Reactions: mat
I remember staying in Lyon for a night or two back in the early/ mid 80's with a french family. They were mighty concerned about the north african element even back then and have to say a quick drive on the outskirts of the projects was a bit of an eye opener. Made inner city England look kinda tame.
Always loved France and it's culture.........even if they're a bunch of surrender monkeys

I remember staying in Lyon for a night or two back in the early/ mid 80's with a french family. They were mighty concerned about the north african element even back then and have to say a quick drive on the outskirts of the projects was a bit of an eye opener. Made inner city England look kinda tame.
Always loved France and it's culture.........even if they're a bunch of surrender monkeys

They're special forces don't play now. Imo they've far surpassed the Jerry's as the main shot caller in continental Europe now.

When we were in Paris, we were hosted by a native Parisian woman, about my age, that was friends with my wife's family. She couldn't have been more wonderful and gracious. When we told her we'd be travelling outside of Paris and it's environs she couldn't understand why. According to her, everyone in the south of France is a racist.

As an aside, Lyon always makes me think of the film "Rat Race". The young Jewish girl makes her family take her to the "Barbie Museum." It turns out to be the Klaus "the Butcher of Lyon," Barbie Museum. Hilarity then ensues

Last edited:
I last went 3 years ago, and stayed in a gite with friends who had never been before. We stayed in the town of Hesdin (pronounced 'aydan), about 70 miles from Calais, spending the Friday before and Saturday after at the Ibis budget at Coquelles. On the Saturday, as we were going in, a guy over 2 metres tall opened the door for us, and we ducked under his arm to get in! He was wearing his CRS uniform, and towered over us. On our way out to eat in the Cite de Europe, he and his mates were congregated near the entrance. All looked very handy,and very hard, and you wouldn't want to see them facing you in a riot.
It turns out that they were all staying at the hotel, as the problem with the "asylum seekers" trying to get to England was at it's peak, and they'd been sent in to "help" the local Officer Crabtrees.
I've never felt so secure in a hotel before or since!

When’s the last time you walked around a British city and witnessed hundreds of Africans just stood in the street? It was bizarre more than intimidating. There was blatantly something on the horizon. I headed back to the hotel at gone midnight and they were still there.

I was there for France away with Wales in the football last year. Nothing but problems. Rude service, underground touts, attempted pickpocket, thieves, beggars. I’m in London now and don’t experience this. I have no desire to go back to Paris. Awful place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.