France

Had a fortnight there in July/Aug and was meant to be flying out there tomorrow until Mrs Ewing came off her bike and we had to test the facilities (which weren't found wanting!) in Rochdale and Oldham Infirmaries. 'Tis a big place, and you'll find the same kind of shite that other places have to cope with, but there are still very quiet places to relax and enjoy!

I couldn’t believe how bad Paris was. Touts and thieves everywhere. At night, hundreds of Africans just stood out in the street for hours. I’ve no idea what they were doing. They just stood there.

how long ago did you visit Paris and where did you stay? I got back from a regular trip last night and saw none of what you describe. Every city has its bad areas so why would Paris be any different?

Love the country. We go to Brittany every year, Tregastel is our favourite place. We normally go with Brittany Ferries but this year are going on the tunnel, then driving to our destination. Easy to drive over there, easy to shop over there, in fact everything is easy over there.

Don't let fear stop you, I promise you'll love it.

We want to move over to Brittany in the future.

how long ago did you visit Paris and where did you stay? I got back from a regular trip last night and saw none of what you describe. Every city has its bad areas so why would Paris be any different?

I went this April - was a complete shit hole. Staggered at how far it had regressed in the 20 years since I first started going.

I went this April - was a complete shit hole. Staggered at how far it had regressed in the 20 years since I first started going.

I second that. Went a few years ago for my 21st and was a real let down compared to other similar sized cities. Won't be hurrying back in the future, put it that way.

Was in Nice a few years ago, had my bag stolen on the very busy beach. Nothing of much value taken (camera that had seen better days, small amount of Euros), but it also contained the keys to the apartment where we were staying so that was a ballache to sort out.

We'd only arrived that afternoon, thankfully I took out my phone, passport and wallet before heading to the 'beach', though it's more a collection of rocks next to a sea.

You're lucky there is no gangs of youths hanging about Piccadilly Gardens and Market Street.
From Piccadilly Station down to Market Street Manchester is as bad as any major city in Europe.
All cities have them.

You're lucky there is no gangs of youths hanging about Piccadilly Gardens and Market Street.
From Piccadilly Station down to Market Street Manchester is as bad as any major city in Europe.
All cities have them.

Is it bollox. Walk through Piccadilly Gardens every single day and have done for ten years. Never had one incident ever. Shit myself in Paris.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.