Francis Lee

Berts Neck

Like many of you who saw the picture of Franny at the weekend, I was shocked. Reading many posts about him, he seems a marmite guy for Blues. Great as a player but not so cherished as a CEO.He never wanted to go to Derby.He scored almost a goal every other game for City. As far as his time as CEO, I actually take my hat off to him for trying to resolve the mess Swales created.I genuinely believe he thought he could bring the good times back.He tried, and I believe he loves the club. Yes he made mistakes especially by appointing Ball. Well the rags signed Mourinho.Shit happens.The hardest thing for me to comprehend is his falling out with the KING, and I guess sitting in the Etihad seeing those pictures of the KING in the stadium probably saddened him. He looked deflated.He was part of the greatest City triumvirate,Bell,Lee and Buzzer. Well I for one will always cherish Franny. Will always support any City player, but I feel he deserves more credit than he seems to get on this forum. Franny Lee Won Pen.

Like many of you who saw the picture of Franny at the weekend, I was shocked. Reading many posts about him, he seems a marmite guy for Blues. Great as a player but not so cherished as a CEO.He never wanted to go to Derby.He scored almost a goal every other game for City. As far as his time as CEO, I actually take my hat off to him for trying to resolve the mess Swales created.I genuinely believe he thought he could bring the good times back.He tried, and I believe he loves the club. Yes he made mistakes especially by appointing Ball. Well the rags signed Mourinho.Shit happens.The hardest thing for me to comprehend is his falling out with the KING, and I guess sitting in the Etihad seeing those pictures of the KING in the stadium probably saddened him. He looked deflated.He was part of the greatest City triumvirate,Bell,Lee and Buzzer. Well I for one will always cherish Franny. Will always support any City player, but I feel he deserves more credit than he seems to get on this forum. Franny Lee Won Pen.
Excellent post bert

I felt sorry for him as Chairman. By the time Swales went the game had just tipped into the PL era and at a stroke Lees bog roll money became not enough due to the sky cash at the top of the game. Franny is blue to his core but sadly his 1970's-style plan for the financing and running of the club was obsolete by the time he took over in 94.

Fantastic player. Unfortunately, a less than ideal chairman. It seemed like he let his heart rule his head, particularly with the Ball appointment. The fact that Swales was as popular as a fart in a lift tended to give Franny a lot of credibility with us fans. I missed the picture of him at the weekend. But, try to remember, he's 77 years old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.