Franck Ribery

I’m all for a person treating themselves but a thousand pound for a steak is absurd
I reckon you could spend a grand on a steak in Japan if you got a big one. But that's because of the amount of work and care involved in getting it to your plate, and the fact that you basically get your own chef, not because they wrap it in gold and think that that makes it luxury. If there was ever a product that summed up how tacky Dubai is, this is it.

He's so ugly, his parents used to make him sleep naked in the kitchen to scare away the cockroaches.

Seems like Ribery is not the only person that has problems how to act and talk civil to about others. Ribery still has the excuse that he got insulted first and that its probably the way he was brought up. You can get the person off the street - but not the street out off the person.

I reckon you could spend a grand on a steak in Japan if you got a big one. But that's because of the amount of work and care involved in getting it to your plate, and the fact that you basically get your own chef, not because they wrap it in gold and think that that makes it luxury. If there was ever a product that summed up how tacky Dubai is, this is it.

The price of the steak probably was in Dirham - so more like 300 EURs and not 1200. But Ribery was invited from the restaurant (the guy collects "footballers" - Pogba and Messi have e.g. been there before in November, Götze last week, Lewandowski the day after Ribery, Maradona, Dzeko, Beckham...) and did not have to pay for the steak.

Seems like Ribery is not the only person that has problems how to act and talk civil to about others. Ribery still has the excuse that he got insulted first and that its probably the way he was brought up. You can get the person off the street - but not the street out off the person.

The price of the steak probably was in Dirham - so more like 300 EURs and not 1200. But Ribery was invited from the restaurant (the guy collects "footballers" - Pogba and Messi have e.g. been there before in November, Götze last week, Lewandowski the day after Ribery, Maradona, Dzeko, Beckham...) and did not have to pay for the steak.

My post was a quote from a very famous comedian named Rodney Dangerfield. You know, humour. Then again, maybe you don't. My wife is German and humour is often lost on her and her family.

Fwiw, he may have an excuse for his ugly appearance but what is his excuse for being ugly on the inside? By most accounts he's an odious human being.

Can't agree with that mate, there's tacky in Dubai if you look for it but there's plenty to amaze you there as well, groundbreaking architecture, top events and some top restaurants (although AD beat them hands down on the architecture front). Japan own tacky, especially in Tokyo. You really have to look in Japan to avoid it in my experience.

Can't agree with that mate, there's tacky in Dubai if you look for it but there's plenty to amaze you there as well, groundbreaking architecture, top events and some top restaurants (although AD beat them hands down on the architecture front). Japan own tacky, especially in Tokyo. You really have to look in Japan to avoid it in my experience.
There are plenty of tacky things everywhere, but Dubai does have a talent for particularly tacky status symbols (I'm sure there's plenty of genuinely good stuff too). Some stuff is expensive for a reason, because somebody has put a lot of effort into making it as good as it can be. Other things are expensive because someone has just stuck an expensive product on it. It's basically a lazy way of making a product 'exclusive' that adds nothing to the actual taste. I get why 20 year old whisky is more expensive than 10 year old whisky. I also get why whisky in a gold bottle is more expensive than one in a glass bottle. But in one, that extra money is paying to improve the quality of the product (or try to), and in the other, you're paying extra for something that's purely a status symbol. When I see someone putting gold on a steak, I assume it's because they're too lazy or lacking in talent to get a Michelin star and be able to charge these prices based on their own talent. It was the least surprising thing in the world to learn that this chef has generally got shit reviews.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.