Frank Lampard to Chelsea Confirmed

no win really poor start at Derby sacked low pay off
poor start at Chelsea = big pay day
then TV job telling Pep he's a fraud = win

I think he will do ok, pressure off with the transfer ban, he can work with the players he has, get rid of the players he doesn't want and jody morris will know all about the kids, as for the transfer ban, chelsea have 2,100,759 players out on loan and he can pick and choose who he wants, i think its a win win for Lampard,if he fails he can blame the lack of transfers,if he succeeds he will be hailed a genius and become our manager in 3 years time.

He'll get a new manager / club hero bounce, but that'll keep the axe at bay for so long.
I'd expect him to control the player power culture we've seen at Chelsea for the past few years - I'd say he was part of it with Terry, Drogba and the rest, before they left and new group took over.

Nice guy though.

He doesnt know if he would ever get opportunity again. He could stay @ Derby, have a poor start & be sacked.

Think he would jump at the chance. He knows, even if it went poorly he could leave & fans still would love him

With United away & Liverpool at home in first x6 fixtures, we will be hoping for the new manager bounce effect.

His success at Derby was in getting the quality loan players.
His tactics were not great, for example, only an injury and going 2 down at Leeds brought Marriott on, and in the final he played with 2 slow defensive midfielders and messed up, only late on changing it.

Will struggle in the big league, and despite sentiment, will not last the season.

That said Derby are in big shit, will lose their 3 best players (loan), aged squad ,young full back will go, they are skint, in debt and I can see a relegation fight on the way.

I have nothing against him, he seemed like a really classy bloke while he was at City. If he does get the job though, I don't think we have anything to be worried about with either Chelsea or United next season. That leaves Arsenal who need a lot of work and Spurs the perennial bottlers. Perhaps it's a bit premature but I don't see anything other than a repeat of last year's title race.

Hand up, I said before that there was no way this was happening. Now the question will be what club does Rafa take over in November. United or Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.