Franny Lee - the player

XG yes your right was joe royle, remember being about 500 meters from Maine rd when 100s rags turned up as they'd kicked off 30 mins earlier, very interesting though they didn't come for trouble, all ran towards town chanting Manchester , couldn't see that happening now
Also remember the season before doing the same,off to town and chanting Manchester both us and them,we played Reading and they played Spurs in the cup games both matches ended in draws.Midweek we both had the replays I went to Elm Park Reading won 7-0 think that was the only time we ever scored 7 away from home,back home after on the football special to Manchester from Euston was good rags beaten at Spurs in there replay,no trouble and fans all mixed together.

Tevez was probably the closest we've had to Franny in recent years although Franny could probably beat a man better than Carlos. My dad idolised Franny and it was one of the highlights of his life when he sat next to him at a mutual friend's son's wedding.

One of my boyhood heroes. I once sat next to him at Swindon away. My kid brother dated his daughter briefly so he's sat next to him in Franny's house.

Brilliant player. My favourite footballing memory of him was see Franny score a hat-trick against the Rags.

My boyhood hero

Mine too, Exeter. I once met him in the car park at Maine Road and told him that he was my all-time favourite player. He simply replied, "Thank you".

Brilliant player and a great penalty taker. It's a fallacy that Frannie was a diver; in the season that he broke the record for number of successful spot-kicks - 13, I think - only four were awarded for fouls committed on him.

I clearly remember Franny's debut at Maine Road against Wolves, a 2-0 win.

Hard as nails, and a very shrewd businessman.

Never ever gave less than 100%.

I was at school with a kid who, for some reason, got a lift with him, can't remember why. In the course of the conversation, this kid asked him, “Do you really all get kicked all over the park?” By way of reply, Franny just hitched his trouser leg up to the knee. From ankle to knee, it was black and blue. That's what he told me, anyway. No more needed to be said.
Still wish that Franny and Colin could make it up. Perhaps Buzzer could be the matchmaker…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.