Free view tv

city2

How do I install this on my Samsung 4 year tv, in idiot instructions please

Hi bud the model number is UE49MU6400 thanks for any help.
That looks like it is only a Freesat tuner which means you need to connect it to a satellite dish BUT if you've previously had Sky Q it may not work. You won't be able to connect it to an aerial to receive Freeview channels. It's not the end of the world there are some options but it depends on what you need.

1. Do you have an aerial or dish?

EDIT: Appears my search returned a satellite only model so you probably have an aerial input. It should just be a case of connecting it up to the aerial and scanning for new channels but Centurions has linked to the manual below. If you have a dish installed then you could try connecting that and scanning for free satellite channels, the channels available will be almost identical to Freeview, but then it depends on how good your TV is at displaying the programmes in the guide etc.

Last edited:
That appears to be both Freeview and Freesat, so for Freeview you need an external aerial.

Page 65 for auto tuning.

Yes, you're right it seems there may be variations. The one I saw only had satellite input specified but definitely showed that model number, possibly a dodgy web page description as it's an older product now.

Yes, you're right it seems there may be variations. The one I saw only had satellite input specified but definitely showed that model number, possibly a dodgy web page description as it's an older product now.
They do have variations depending on region, in fact some will have a connector but it won't actually be wired to anything internally. In the UK all TVs tend to be Freeview & Freesat both nowadays.

Edit: That's why you have to be careful buying from online websites like Alibaba and such as they may be European models that have a different spec.

They do have variations depending on region, in fact some will have a connector but it won't actually be wired to anything internally. In the UK all TVs tend to be Freeview & Freesat both nowadays.

Edit: That's why you have to be careful buying from online websites like Alibaba and such as they may be European models that have a different spec.
I bought my Sony TV about 18 months ago because it said satellite input and thought yeah that's great for the odd channels that aren't on freeview (such as Pick HD, FreeSports HD and CNN HD) but it's next to useless. It doesn't have the Freesat guide, only a basic now and next (which hardly populate with details), but worse than that if you want to use Youview for the terrestrial it blocks the satellite input. The only choice is to use the terrestrial now and next without the nice Youview interface.

Anyway rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.