Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What strange reason do you think is why I'm not a fan then?
Why make me guess? Why not just share the 'why' of your reservation.

But if I were to guess, I'd say you have reservations because you haven't seen the statistical spike that justifies the interest.

But I believe he is one of those exceptions. Who will blossom into a star regardless of present spike

Why make me guess? Why not just share the 'why' of your reservation.

But if I were to guess, I'd say you have reservations because you haven't seen the statistical spike that justifies the interest.

But I believe he is one of those exceptions. Who will blossom into a star regardless of present spike

First and foremost I don't believe he brings enough to the role that Gundogan doesn't already to go out and splash the cash. Gundogan is only 27 too and apparently happy to sign a new contract and must therefore be happy in his rotational role in the team. Also like Gundogan I don't believe De Jong is busy enough defensively and too passive, which due to his surging forward all the time(if a lone cdm) would leave us vulnerable to the counter attack.
Also De Jong missed 21 games last season from 3 different injuries, not the best start to his career.

Unfortunately Dinhoesque cdms are few and far between, then one's that are good enough are even rarer and not available(Kante) so we should look for a player that brings something else to the table, something we don't already have.

Last edited:
Apparently Ajax want €75 million for him. More reports from Spain coming out that he is Barcelona's top priority in the transfer market. Wouldn't say it's impossible for us to sign him but we definitely need Pep to give him a ring!

Apparently Ajax want €75 million for him. More reports from Spain coming out that he is Barcelona's top priority in the transfer market. Wouldn't say it's impossible for us to sign him but we definitely need Pep to give him a ring!

65m pounds is a bargain for a kid with his attributes,and his value will only increase should he ever wish to move on.

65m pounds is a bargain for a kid with his attributes,and his value will only increase should he ever wish to move on.

Completely agree. Arguably the most promising young player in the world at his position - the same position as our biggest need, it's a no-brainer. FWIW I'd be happy with him or Neves but I prefer de Jong.

Rotate with Busquets, I.e he will play the less important games when Busquets needs a rest or join City where he can immediately challenge Fernandinho for a starting spot.

Barca have too many options in midfield, Vidal hasn’t even started yet. Come to think of it Valverde may even use Vidal at DM.

I see the appeal in joining Barca but to be honest they don’t really need him. Are they really going to spend €75m or so on another midfielder? I’m sure they want him but probably for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.