Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is why Barcelona allegedly prioritised his pursuit this past summer, it was only a matter of time he'd arrive on the mainstream radar. Or maybe the board gambled on Ajax failing to qualify for CL and capitulate to the lowball offer they reportedly made. Overmars publicly claimed he was not for sale under any circumstances and then after the deadline said Barcelona failed to come with a serious offer which would suggest the board screwed the pooch. Anything could happen now I suppose if crazy money enters into it

He's a glorious talent though that will bring joy to fans of his next team. De Jong was the one player I really hoped would be tied down this summer, hope we'll have another shot in getting him to play at Barcelona. If not, hope it's City

Considering City & Spurs reportedly had bids rejected last summer, plus Barcelona's rejection, I wouldn't say he's only just now arrived on the mainstream radar.

Could well be like Mbappé where everyone tried to sign him the summer before for half the price but got rejected.

It’s ridiculous. I think many are watching too much highlights on youtube.

Looks like a talent but the price is insane. Reports of him having a great game in a glorified friendly against France, ok.

But looks like he had a horror show in Ajax’s most important game of the season, a 3-0 loss against PSV.

Can’t really comment on him but I would need to see to some games against top opposition not against Dutch minnows to be convinced this kid is worth £80m.
Ahhh the standard YouTube comment, meanwhile you comment on what you didn't actually watch, the 3-0 loss to PSV.....Where he was forced into playing CB. He's no De Ligt, he's de Jong who can get by playing CB when De Ligt is next to him or looks like the talent everyone is talking about now when he's in his more natural role in the midfield. Anyway, they have Bayern next in Champions League for your top opposition needs.

Ahhh the standard YouTube comment, meanwhile you comment on what you didn't actually watch, the 3-0 loss to PSV.....Where he was forced into playing CB. He's no De Ligt, he's de Jong who can get by playing CB when De Ligt is next to him or looks like the talent everyone is talking about now when he's in his more natural role in the midfield. Anyway, they have Bayern next in Champions League for your top opposition needs.

Saw that he played CB that match but my comment still stands, had a horror show in the biggest game of the season.

But ok it’s one game out of position, will try to watch vs Bayern but he’s being spoken about in the Mbappe category of talent for his position which is high praise, have you seen him play multiple times? Would you also put him in that category? Could he cope with the physicality of the PL? Genuinely asking..

Saw that he played CB that match but my comment still stands, had a horror show in the biggest game of the season.

But ok it’s one game out of position, will try to watch vs Bayern but he’s being spoken about in the Mbappe category of talent for his position which is high praise, have you seen him play multiple times? Would you also put him in that category? Could he cope with the physicality of the PL? Genuinely asking..
Yes I’ve watched every Ajax game including the earlier champions league games this season and was following his progress last summer when he was properly introduced. And before anyone asks the games are on a streaming app that’s automatically DVR’s games. Yes he’s the Mbappe of the position a young player that was highly rated in youth circles that took his chance and ran with it now all the big clubs are aware of him and want to sign him with a huge price tag. He will have at minimum 6 games to show his quality on the world stage and played well against AEK Athens.

Dealing with the physicality of the PL is a myth when we see our Dave, players like Kante Jorginho and a host of others come over and adapt just fine. What de Jong has is incredible technical ability, maturity and leadership for such a young age and courage playing from back to front that sees his manager use him often at CB as they groom other academy players to eventually play CB full time. You want players like him in the PL and not playing elsewhere as he continues to rise like Mbappe wishing we would’ve paid the money sooner.

Last edited:
I'm currently praying all these Pogba-Barcelona rumours have weight behind them because there's no way they'd pick up FdJ as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.