Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Ferns hasn't a teaspoon of finesse about him... he's grit, tough and solid. None of those words describes FDJ a sure talent who looks finesse personified. For the position asked specific to this coach/ team/ league... FDJ isn't a fit.

You are Stevie Wonder and I claim my £5!

Fernandinho, no finesse? Fucking hell man, he's one of the best passers in the team.

Fernandinho, no finesse? Fucking hell man, he's one of the best passers in the team.

Totally agree .... He's the complete midflieder, who's better in world football in his position?

Great tackler, interceptor, brave, sniffs danger, remarkably good in the air and it often, goes unnoticed how many headers he wins in front of our back 4, reading of the game and anticipitaion is second to none, still pretty quick, amazing cardio/engine. Short and long passing is exceptional even under pressure, he can bring the ball out/dribble/go past a man, also has a good long shot on him ...

Tell me what midfielder is more rounded or more complete in world football? I can't think of one?

You don't need to ooze finesse to pass a ball well IMO. I was painting with a broad brush but basically saying he relies on and exudes grit and determination more than a player like DSil who IMO is pure finesse. Poor choice of adjectives I guess.

I don't think it's helpful to think about who could replace Fernandinho like for like any more than it was for peak Yaya. We're not going to find anyone. The team will have to change a bit when Dinho leaves. The question is, what sort of player will fit into that new system?

Imo, it's much more likely we go for a player with strength in passing/creating than one who breaks up attacks. De Jong would be very suitable Imo.

Totally agree .... He's the complete midflieder, who's better in world football in his position?

Great tackler, interceptor, brave, sniffs danger, remarkably good in the air and it often, goes unnoticed how many headers he wins in front of our back 4, reading of the game and anticipitaion is second to none, still pretty quick, amazing cardio/engine. Short and long passing is exceptional even under pressure, he can bring the ball out/dribble/go past a man, also has a good long shot on him ...

Tell me what midfielder is more rounded or more complete in world football? I can't think of one?
All good stuff in there. One other thing as well, any aggro and he's the first in there sorting it.

I don't think it's helpful to think about who could replace Fernandinho like for like any more than it was for peak Yaya. We're not going to find anyone. The team will have to change a bit when Dinho leaves. The question is, what sort of player will fit into that new system?

Imo, it's much more likely we go for a player with strength in passing/creating than one who breaks up attacks. De Jong would be very suitable Imo.
So smartly put :)

This. Ferns hasn't a teaspoon of finesse about him... he's grit, tough and solid. None of those words describes FDJ a sure talent who looks finesse personified. For the position asked specific to this coach/ team/ league... FDJ isn't a fit.

Don't even know where to start with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.