Frenkie de Jong

Anyone writing off Barca are fools, they are a huge club and represent Catalonia , they will be going nowhere.

There issues in registering players wages are a problem with La liga, and their crazy attempt to reduce spending in Spanish football. With the covid crisis they have destroyed their own league, when they should be doing everything to promote it.
The seeds of Barça's woes were sown years ago & it took until 3 years ago for them to blossom into problematic knotweed. Messi rinsed them for all he could get, whilst at the same time professing his love for them.

Covid helped no one, but I suppose it exacerbated Barça's issues & brought them to a head. Regardless, they now have a pretty impressive squad & with the addition of Xavi as manager & Bernardo, they'll be a danger to all top clubs.

Last edited:
F me, Barca are due to pay him the 88m euros over the next 4 years plus 17m owed to him. Now I realise why even the rags have yet to agree a deal. I guess thats approx twice as much as we would be offering Bernado under a new contract.

F me, Barca are due to pay him the 88m euros over the next 4 years plus 17m owed to him. Now I realise why even the rags have yet to agree a deal. I guess thats approx twice as much as we would be offering Bernado under a new contract.
We are so so good at managing the squad and wages we pay out.

Other clubs not so much.

Some transfers seem to make a lot of sense but its easy to overlook how massively out of whack wages are in some cases. The above figure works out at over £500k per week, £26m per year. Easily more than double where we would want to be.

I dont see how we would sell them Bernado and agree to take on this liability. Not unless Barca pay off the player.

Anyone writing off Barca are fools, they are a huge club and represent Catalonia , they will be going nowhere.

There issues in registering players wages are a problem with La liga, and their crazy attempt to reduce spending in Spanish football. With the covid crisis they have destroyed their own league, when they should be doing everything to promote it.

If they have the money they can buy whoever they want but if they can’t register them they will still have those players but sat in the stand maybe some players are fine with that in sunny Spain…

I’d do the swap for Bernardo but only if we are getting a decent chunk of change as well and FDJ would have to take a big pay cut

Barcelona really are complete scum.

Hopefully Frenkie has got the best lawyers around him.

They gave him a contract because they recognised the asset he was, they've now fucked themselves financially and are trying to get out of paying him, it's a disgrace.

If City were doing the same to one of our players I'd say the same. Only difference is our board never would, they honour agreements with players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.