Frenkie de Jong

I wonder if he regrets rejecting us to join Barca? He’s going to end up playing for the shitter rivals when he could’ve been a staple in our dominating team.

It stuns me to see anyone try and spin it as a positive. It’s as low as they have sunk and just frames perfectly what a joke of a club they are. Like you say, imagine any serious top exec like Khaldoon doing that, it’s just not how they operate. It’s like the boss at work who just wants to be friends with people and no one takes seriously.
9FA720F5-54B8-4CD8-8999-618BC6FEE3B4.jpeg

This FDJ to the rags has a whiff of their acquisition of one Wesley Sneijder ! I remember Spencer at the MEN doing specials about it - it was so nailed on…. Lol.

Looks like he's going to United after all which begrudgingly I have to say is a crackling signing for them. I had hoped we'd be in for him as he would be absolutely perfect in our system.

I suppose it would've been difficult to keep both him and Rodri happy in terms of game time though. Two world class players for one position just isn't feasible although he can play as a number 8 too which is an area we'll need to look at soon with Kev and Gundo both the wrong side of 30 and Bernardo seemingly not wanting to be here long term.

Not sure if mentioned, but I see the FdJ sale being the money that makes the Bernardo sale to Barca happen. Whilst we don’t want to see Bernardo go, if he does then it needs to be for our valuation and the more money they get for FdJ from United the greater the chance Barcelona reach our valuation for Bernardo.
I share your concern Cambo. While it's always funny to see the rags bent over a barrel I'd prefer it not to happen if the deal essentially facilitates Bernie's departure. In the event FDJ goes for big money what will be critical is whether recent reports that Bernie has committed to see out his contract, regardless of approaches by Barca, prove to be true. Either way, as legendary film producer Sam Goldwyn allegedly said, a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Looks like he's going to United after all which begrudgingly I have to say is a crackling signing for them. I had hoped we'd be in for him as he would be absolutely perfect in our system.

I suppose it would've been difficult to keep both him and Rodri happy in terms of game time though. Two world class players for one position just isn't feasible although he can play as a number 8 too which is an area we'll need to look at soon with Kev and Gundo both the wrong side of 30 and Bernardo seemingly not wanting to be here long term.

Good player though he is, City apparently don't believe the costs justify the signing.

Regarding replacement of the players mentioned, I am sure that City will identify the right players needed when the time comes as future planning is something the club now excel at.

Any player that would even consider signjng for the rags given the level they're at now isn't the sort of player I'd want tbh. He ain't going there to win trophies really is he, so he's just happy to get paid and be in a mediocre team.

I wonder if he regrets rejecting us to join Barca? He’s going to end up playing for the shitter rivals when he could’ve been a staple in our dominating team.

Yea. more than rejecting us - it was more to do with playing alongside Messi which was a main factor as far as I remember .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.