Frenkie de Jong

From news now website

Manchester United’s hopes of signing Frenkie de Jong have suffered what appears to be a knockout blow amid strong claims in Spain that the midfielder has told both clubs he does not want to leave Barcelona.

United boss Erik ten Hag has made the capture of his compatriot his No 1 priority this summer. With United slumping to a sixth-placed finish last season, a new midfield general was seen as a must for the Red Devils. However, efforts to prise De Jong from Barcelona have been riddled with problems right from the off.

Indeed, Barcelona’s valuation has proven a tricky one for United to negotiate. The LaLiga giants have been unwavering in their asking price for the player, refusing to offer a discount on their £64.8m (€75m) valuation. United have tried to offer a smaller amount up front, with the rest made up in incentives.

From news now website

Manchester United’s hopes of signing Frenkie de Jong have suffered what appears to be a knockout blow amid strong claims in Spain that the midfielder has told both clubs he does not want to leave Barcelona.

United boss Erik ten Hag has made the capture of his compatriot his No 1 priority this summer. With United slumping to a sixth-placed finish last season, a new midfield general was seen as a must for the Red Devils. However, efforts to prise De Jong from Barcelona have been riddled with problems right from the off.

Indeed, Barcelona’s valuation has proven a tricky one for United to negotiate. The LaLiga giants have been unwavering in their asking price for the player, refusing to offer a discount on their £64.8m (€75m) valuation. United have tried to offer a smaller amount up front, with the rest made up in incentives.

Continuing to embarrass themselves in public.

You love to see it.

From news now website

When will the penny actually drop with these cunts ?

It's crystal clear he doesn't want to join the rags. Which has been the issue with the rags recruitment for years now. Throwing big money at players who don't really want to be there and then wondering why they are putting in half arsed performances.

I actually dont think this will happen now.. we are on the evening of the 29th and still no major motion. FDJ probably put his foot down and Laporta hesitantly accepted it (Edit: with a permanent salary cut.) My theory is still that he needs to go before the 1st of july for the books, not the La liga wage cap that is 31th of july.

Edit: Found a source: https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/barcelona-600m-de-jong-man-utd-transfer-window/bltb5bfdad455387c42

What I have read all the levers has not been pulled yet.. and they got a day. So Frenkie leaving would help there.
However, Barca must raise a significant portion of the target by June 30 - less than two weeks away.

Last edited:
I actually dont think this will happen now.. we are on the evening of the 29th and still no major motion. FDJ probably put his foot down and Laporta hesitantly accepted it. My theory is still that he needs to go before the 1st of july for the books, not the La liga wage cap that is 31th of july.

Edit: Found a source: https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/barcelona-600m-de-jong-man-utd-transfer-window/bltb5bfdad455387c42

What I have read all the levers has not been pulled yet.. and they got as day. So Frenkie leaving would help there.

Maybe we should take him on loan and pay half his salary…. That’ll help them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.