From happiness to sadness

But what I want to say is ........................................
Logan's funeral is on Tuesday 13th (NZ time) - we will be playing Wolves at the same time (Monday evening in Manchester)
Make the noise to inspire the players to give us some little joy and send him off with a smile on his lips.

I will think of your grandson at the game tonight mate,me and others on here too.

Deepest condolences to you and your family,thoughts and love from Manchester.

RIP Logan.

As I posted a few pages back - thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts they are truly appreciated bringing tears to our eyes.

My wife and I have just returned from his first 'tangi' - a Maori tradition and very emotional.

But what I want to say is ........................................
Logan's funeral is on Tuesday 13th (NZ time) - we will be playing Wolves at the same time (Monday evening in Manchester)
Make the noise to inspire the players to give us some little joy and send him off with a smile on his lips.

era i roto i te rangimarie tangata iti xxx

Well we have just returned from Logan's funeral.
As he is part Maori there has been a three day tangi with him lying in state at home.
On the first day his mouth was closed but by the third day his mouth had opened slightly giving the impression of a smile.
And the boys sent him on his way with that victory over Wolves - we were 1-0 up when we left for the funeral so I had my fingers crossed that we would go on to win.
Some of the rescue crews attended the funeral and Fred who brought him ashore was given a long and tearful embrace by my wife (not so tearful from me).
After the incident a rahui was placed on the beach (closed to the public)
A blessing will be held later in the week to give the beach back to the public.
Thank you all so very much for your support and words of condolence they mean so much to my wife, son and I.

We went to Raglan beach were the Maori elders from the local marae conducted the service.
It entailed prayers and walking to the waters edge to cast flowers into the waves.
The whole process of a three day tangi (mourning) funeral and internment, and then the service at the beach spreads the grieving and is in fact relatively comforting.
Now it is time to get back to the routine of daily life.
My wife and I have received so many messages of condolence that they have helped tremendously.
Many, many thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but .............................................
Today 1st February I went to our mail box and discovered a package. Inside was a letter signed by Pep.
One of the phrases brought tears to my wife and my eyes............................
"It puts everything into perspective when you lose a loved one and I would like to offer you my sincere condolences from the Club, all the players and myself"
And it goes on to say.............................................
"My thoughts and Prayers are with you all at this sad and difficult time"

So proud to be a fan of this wonderful club. I had only emailed MCFC and they obviously passed that email on to Pep.

David

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but .............................................
Today 1st February I went to our mail box and discovered a package. Inside was a letter signed by Pep.
One of the phrases brought tears to my wife and my eyes............................
"It puts everything into perspective when you lose a loved one and I would like to offer you my sincere condolences from the Club, all the players and myself"
And it goes on to say.............................................
"My thoughts and Prayers are with you all at this sad and difficult time"

So proud to be a fan of this wonderful club. I had only emailed MCFC and they obviously passed that email on to Pep.

David

Feel your pain pal footballs imeterial at times like this. Pep is a very good human being Harry artur being an example take care blue hope somehow you can recover from this awful tragedy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.