From mail online.... they think Tevez is in the bag

levets

Team supported
City
Barry was on holiday with family and friends in Dubai last week when he met a City delegation and sat open-mouthed at a sales pitch that not only included a double-your-money pay packet but the firm promise of more big-name signings.

He explained how he had set his sights on joining Liverpool, after insisting he wanted to be playing Champions League football next season, and outlined his fears that he could be portrayed as a money-grabber by moving to Eastlands, instead.

But City's negotiators won him over by assuring him that Carlos Tevez's signing was in the bag and that up to six more top names would be following them into Mark Hughes' squad for a money-no-object tilt at breaking into the top four.

On the radar: Forlan could be one high-profile player heading for City
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan, the newly-crowned Golden Boot winner after scoring 32 goals in La Liga, and Everton defender Joleon Lescott are next on the list, and Barry firmly believes a Champions League campaign may be only 12 months away.

'He knows people will look at what he has been offered (£130,000 a week) and think he has only gone there for the money,' said a City source.

'But it was the assurances about who else is coming in that swayed him. He only agreed after being convinced that Tevez is on his way, and there are plenty more to follow.'

I do believe that one of the main reasons Barry agreed to come would have been the assurances of other players who we're after. It's going to be madness over the next few months!

i think we are tryna sort out the tevez and barry deals ( already cum i no) early then we will relax and see what comes up like if valencia decide they have to get rid of silva we will b in there with a cheeky bid.

Biggsy1 said:
That foursome wouldn't be a bad start at all throw Aguero in for good measure and we can toast the new season ahead!

how does aguero play i thought he was lik a 2nd striker like tevez

mcfcJosh111 said:
Biggsy1 said:
That foursome wouldn't be a bad start at all throw Aguero in for good measure and we can toast the new season ahead!

how does aguero play i thought he was lik a 2nd striker like tevez

think you are right there, don't think we would have Robinho,Tevez and Aguero as all similar types of player....although saying that I wouldn't say no to him, great young player with bags of potential. we could have a squad to strike fear into most teams next season if we manage to get in some of the players mentioned. I'd like us to ideally bring in next a proven goal-scorer to lead the line,and 1 (preferably 2) top class centre backs and I feel we can then mount a serious challenge for top 6 and a cup final

This means that Ajay was absolutely spot on about what he said if this is true. He said the two deals were agreed and they were in dubai having the talks.

fred eyre seems to think hes definately coming... thats not to say he is ITK though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.