Fulham (H) | FA Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will spell it out for you

We both want was is best for the club. Bravo has done nothing wrong in the cup games other than being instrumental in our success in gathering silverware. Now, I appreciate you dont like him and accept that is your opinion.

My issue is that he will be replaced next season and any future number two is going to think twice about joining, being given the cup games and injury cover if they think the manager is going to stiff them as we approach the later stages of a cup. We need a competent number two for when needed

Bravo will start and rightly so, but lets think a little broader than just your bias as to what is best for the club both short and long term

This has nothing to do with liking or not liking a player - it's to do with the team having the best chance of success in the cups, especially after the let down of the League. Bravo has very poor this year, so he has indeed done something wrong. We look even more shaky with him at the back than we already are because the guy doesn't seem to be able to save a beach ball this season. If he was to be in decent form, no problem - fine to start. I however would not risk being bundled out of the FA Cup, adding to the disappointment of the current season, because Claudio Bravo has made some immense fuck up that Ederson wouldn't make.

When push comes to shove winning trophies is all that matters, and we've seen that in the recent past with our keepers. Priortising some personal agreement that he may or may not have with the manager or club is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. He's a 36 year old back up in poor form and on his last legs - if he doesn't like it, he can do one. Shouldn't carry over to the next keeper that takes over from him.

It's not even common practice to play your number two in every domestic cup game, and that's applicable for others team who have better reserve keepers than Bravo. We're already doing the guy a big favour by allowing him to have dibs on these matches. Personally, I suggest you remove your own bias which seems to have given rise to your initial response objecting to the idea.

I''ll try
Bravo
Cancello Garcia Otamendi Angelino
Bernardo Gundagan D silva
Marhez Jesus Sterling

This has nothing to do with liking or not liking a player - it's to do with the team having the best chance of success in the cups, especially after the let down of the League. Bravo has very poor this year, so he has indeed done something wrong. We look even more shaky with him at the back than we already are because the guy doesn't seem to be able to save a beach ball this season. If he was to be in decent form, no problem - fine to start. I however would not risk being bundled out of the FA Cup, adding to the disappointment of the current season, because Claudio Bravo has made some immense fuck up that Ederson wouldn't make.

When push comes to shove winning trophies is all that matters, and we've seen that in the recent past with our keepers. Priortising some personal agreement that he may or may not have with the manager or club is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. He's a 36 year old back up in poor form and on his last legs - if he doesn't like it, he can do one. Shouldn't carry over to the next keeper that takes over from him.

It's not even common practice to play your number two in every domestic cup game, and that's applicable for others team who have better reserve keepers than Bravo. We're already doing the guy a big favour by allowing him to have dibs on these matches. Personally, I suggest you remove your own bias which seems to have given rise to your initial response objecting to the idea.
Good rant but clearly my point is beyond your understanding. I sincerely hope you are not a team leader in any capacity or give motivational speeches

Good rant but clearly my point is beyond your understanding. I sincerely hope you are not a team leader in any capacity or give motivational speeches

You don't have a point, apart from thinking you're above other fans and what looks like trying to white knight Bravo. Barely anyone on here rates him, perhaps you have trouble digesting that

You don't have a point, apart from thinking you're above other fans and what looks like trying to white knight Bravo. Barely anyone on here rates him, perhaps you have trouble digesting that
Not at all. My point was never about his capability, but more of a bigger picture. Gen Q. If as most suspect, Bravo is selected for both Fulham and the rags, will you be on here saying Pep is throwing the cups as, if I read you correctly, Bravo plays, we lose?

For what it is worth I wouldnt play Bravo against Fulham and defiently not against the rags. He not only makes the team nervous he makes most of the Etihad nervous

I doubt he makes his team mates nervous. If that was the case I would doubt our defenders quality and character.

That fairy! tale is kept alive without any proof or player interviews or footage.
I'd say you are just extrapolating your own feeling to our players.

Bravo doesn't make me nervous at all. He's a cool passer and easily good enough to play Fulham and rags.
He's well known as a great penalty killer as well if that should happen.

If the Etihad is nervous I can recommend a brand new invention: chanting and supporting loudly does wonders,
for the players and for the singers ;-)

Last edited:
Manchester City v Fulham
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistant Referees: Gary Beswick & Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
VAR: Jarred Gillett
AVAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

Winning trophies comes before playing Bravo and I have to agree with what ws01 has been saying.
Or do both like previous years. Why do you think Pep would play Bravo is he not arsed about winning trophies, or does he have good reasons for continuing his policy of the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.