Fulham (H) | FA Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do both like previous years. Why do you think Pep would play Bravo is he not arsed about winning trophies, or does he have good reasons for continuing his policy of the last 3 years.

It's not just the last 3 years, he dropped Neuer at Bayern and Valdes at Barcelona for the domestic cups. Your reserve keeper is an important member of the squad, you keep them happy and in a little bit of nick so they can play if you need them.

Fulham's two best strikers are both injured. Also now they're within touching distance of Leeds I'd expect them to prioritise the league and will probably play a load of fringe players

They have the best part of a week after the FAC match against us until their next league match, at home against Huddersfield who are near the bottom. I can't see them rotating significantly and they will be up for this as a chance to test themselves against the best in anticipation of promotion for next season. As has been said - not to be underestimated. Hopefully Pep and the boys will have done their homework.

Not at all. My point was never about his capability, but more of a bigger picture. Gen Q. If as most suspect, Bravo is selected for both Fulham and the rags, will you be on here saying Pep is throwing the cups as, if I read you correctly, Bravo plays, we lose?

No quite sure what you're on rambling on about now. I haven't said we'll lose if Bravo plays. The point being made is that playing Ederson over Bravo increases our chances of winning. And, to repeat, taking into consideration Bravo's poor form, likely departure in the summer, our general weakness at the back, the League gone, and Ederson not requiring a break, the best bet here is to play Ederson in order to increase the chance of advancing to the next round.

Why does Bravo deserve automatic selection just because it's a cup game? Nobody deserves that. Form has to play a factor, and Bravo has stunk this season. I doubt there would be a problem with him lining up otherwise.

No quite sure what you're on rambling on about now. I haven't said we'll lose if Bravo plays. The point being made is that playing Ederson over Bravo increases our chances of winning. And, to repeat, taking into consideration Bravo's poor form, likely departure in the summer, our general weakness at the back, the League gone, and Ederson not requiring a break, the best bet here is to play Ederson in order to increase the chance of advancing to the next round.

Why does Bravo deserve automatic selection just because it's a cup game? Nobody deserves that. Form has to play a factor, and Bravo has stunk this season. I doubt there would be a problem with him lining up otherwise.
I'm clearly struggling to get you to understand my point, so rather than go on, we will simply have to concede we think differently

It's not just the last 3 years, he dropped Neuer at Bayern and Valdes at Barcelona for the domestic cups. Your reserve keeper is an important member of the squad, you keep them happy and in a little bit of nick so they can play if you need them.

So play him in some weak League fixtures to allow that, preferably closer to when we're guaranteed top 4. The cups are still live - he doesn't need to play them.

Condensed a little but saw this on the Fulham forum and thought it makes sense:

"...I'm usually one for full strength in the FA Cup (not so fussed with League Cup), build momentum, etc, but... Given our injury situation and the run of games, given the dire need to get promoted this year, and given the fact that City will now be taking the cup seriously..., I think we play the youngsters and fringe players. Partly to preserve the players we need for the hard run but mostly (as there is a week after before the next game) for confidence. If we get whacked for six or similar with the full team, its not going to have a positive effect on confidence levels. If we get whacked and it's Stansfield, Riley, De La Torre, Cisse, etc, it's no real biggie and we move on. Easy for the manager to spin to the team then for the next game."

Hope they do come up again.

I'm clearly struggling to get you to understand my point, so rather than go on, we will simply have to concede we think differently

Oh no, I've cleared understood this 'point'. It's been clearly addressed and then dismissed with a far greater force than the weakness it was presented with.

We don't need to worry about keeping some wank alleged promise to our old, out of form, and outgoing backup keeper just to keep him happy. We don't need him playing every single cup game just to have him sharp, and we don't need to worry about how this may or may not affect us down the track when trophies are on the line right now. They don't give out trophies for moral victories, mate.

I would go with

Bravo
Otamendi Stones Garcia
Cancelo Gundogan Silva Angelino
Sterling Jesus Foden

With an eye on the United game; resting Laporte, Fern, Rodri, Walker, Mendy, Kev, Kun, Bernardo and Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.