Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

well well well,mancini goes back to old skool, wtf happened to our fast flowing attacking football, typical italian style of play from last season. a draw to the bottom club, just isnt good enough. didnt he learn from the charity shield.

he takes off silva whos the engine room of our team, after that it just falls apart,personally we were lucky to get the draw

It's not the fact that people are 'spoilt' nowadays, it's the fact that we were 2-0 up in a game which we should have won from that point on and ended up drawing. That's why i'm annoyed, we dropped 2 points.

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

rastus said:
Why am I so pissed? Bobby trying to defend a 2-1 lead and making poor decisions
Hindsight is 20/20. Please list these 'poor decisions' for me.

Damocles said:
Probably the right result from that game. The second half, they had fire in their bellies and we didn't. Mancini's attempts to counteract this by bringing on the hard tackling Zab had a small affect, but not enough to turn the game.

Our biggest problem is that, yet again we overplayed the ball and tried to play great football instead of successful football.

I've mentioned in another thread that perhaps our bulletproof defence looks a little shaky at present.

Whilst a point at Fulham isn't the greatest result ever, I'm confident that we're going in the right direction. Our injuries in midfield necessitated our selection of the guys who played CL this week.

To single out a few players, not just from today but things that I've noticed this season, I'm a little frustrated that Yaya isn't moving the ball quicker and this time spent deciding is slowing our counters. Secondly, I feel that Lescott is not really suited to the style of football that we play, as he isn't adventurous enough with his passing, which again slows down our attacks.

If we forget the hyperbole for a moment that the media like to give us, we're still learning as a team and within a new found momentum going forward. With this, our defenders have to adjust, as do our ball playing midfielders.

As I say, unhappy with the result, but confident walking into Everton game. Full marks to Fulham, they fought harder than we did in the second half and they won every 50/50.
Finally, a sensible post. Hat's off to Fulham; excellent movement off the ball, quick and precise passing, they can move when they want to, plus they look well organized. Our play looks a little too off the cuff at times. Squad could use a little more rotation, imo.

Tevez is so out of form and shape, he just isn't a game winner at the moment.

Shades of the old typical City, don't let anyone tell you different.

FFS here we go again, everyone going nuts "we will never win the league" and the usual bs. Yes we got sloppy, but just remember how well we've done prior to today, and don't forget for 10 daft mins at Fulham. We had some issues today, lack of cutting edge and so on, but ffs get a grip for those going over the top.

Also noticed few ppl panning Barry, he had a good game. We dominated majority of game today and should have won by a few, we didn't, we'll learn from mistakes.

Bring on Birm and then Everton. Come on City!!

It was never a freekick, I'm quite mad at dzeko for going down so easily. I hate when city dives, and it happens very rarely. Some refs would probably have given a freekick, it still doesn't make it right. Dzeko you made us embarrassed today.

Barry was ok, the less I see of him, the better really. Its when you noticing him, he is usually having a bad game.

Noelsnapkin said:
Yaya doesn't look fit. A yard off the pace. Look at him for the second goal. ( Although obviously never a goal without the deflection). We are missing de jong badly.

We are not missing De Jong. We are missing the signing that should've replaced De Jong if he got injured.

Barry had a bad game today In my opinionm should have took him off instead of Silva

What was the point of bringing AJ on when all game Hangeland was heading out our crossess / schwarzer grabbing them out of the air. Needed Tevez on for barry and played along the ground.

Alothough there's a long way to go, games like this against teams at the bottom need to be won comfortabley if we are to win the league.

The rags will slip up eventually, as shown on Weds in the Champions League, but we need to be winning for ourselves, not thinking about others, letm them worry.

If we can gather some momentum again and start sticking 4/5 past teams like Fulham the league will be won by one team on 23rd October.

Micah lost focus for the first goal just needed to be closer to Zamora and step to the side,but not the end of the world although dissapointing after being 2 nil up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.