Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

FFP and all that, but the board should have listened when Mancini said we needed another midfielder. I'm a Zab fan but a midfielder he is not.

We got Hargreaves for a couple months down the road but by then we'll be going from 2 healthy CMs to 5.

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Mikecini said:
Jumanji said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
1. Keeping Dzeko on
2. Zab for Silva
3. Keeping Nasri on
4. Taking Kun off
1. Understandable decision. Dzeko was our only forward making and trying to make incisive passes. He'd get a good ball to Yaya, but Yaya took too much time to think. Not to mention, with the game in the waning minutes, it could be won by a set piece, corner, etc and Dzeko's height would have been useful, as we would have had 2 different kinds of strikers on the pitch.

2. Zab for Silva worked, not 'incredibly' but it did. Zab's sub isn't the reason why we started losing concentration even BEFORE the substitution. We were getting overrun and looking sloppy.

3. Nasri's maybe our best crosser. Quiet game. Expected him to step up and take the reigns of the horse, He didn't. I'm not sure why he kept Nasri but I think crossing, corners may be a reason. not sure though.

4. I agree, but Tevez was fresher and we could have used his directness and work rate had he actually busted his arse for 15 min.

All spot on
Dunno mate, its the end of the world apparently. Every poor result is Mancini's fault. Maybe it is. ;)

The morons on here spouting negative nonsense and thinking it's the end of the world cos we drew an away game are undoubtedly the same morons who were comparing us to Barca and Aguero to Messi after a couple of good results.

There's a reason the league's over 38 matches you know

i know yaya practically won the fa cup for us BUT does anyone else find him really really frustrating and lazy it seems every time he gets the ball he doesnt move or look for space he just hoofs it and hopes for the best think milner would be a better choice right now

Blue Haze said:
Don't get me wrong, 13 in 5 is fantastic.

But correct me if I'm wrong, we're at the same point total when comparing identical fixtures. Draw at WHL where we won this season, but draw this year at Fulham where we got 3 last season.

For me, we still have quite a bit to prove. We've achieved the same number of points over the same fixtures. Our attack looks better but our defence looks worse.

Kompany looks worse is what it amounts to. Best center half in the league last season. Pretty flaky this.

The most disappointing thing is we leathered them at their place last season with three "holding" midfielders (although Yaya really wasn't) and JO in the team.

PistonBlue said:
RyantheBlue said:
Andouble said:
one of these days we're going to get a last-minute winner.

I mean, United got 6-10 of them a year, when was the last time we had one? Ireland vs. Reading?

There's a reason United get that many and it isn't luck, I promise you.

Yes, because their last minute can often go on for 15 minutes or more

That's the easy way of looking at it.
The truth is that they push harder than any other team for the last few minutes.

RyantheBlue said:
moomba said:
Great first half, shocking second. We can't be dropping points in games like that.

Disappointed with Silvas reaction, carry on like that and I'll happily see you sold in January.

Why? He looked disappointed to come off, then he shrugged his shoulders and left. He didn't go down the tunnel, he didn't argue. I'd rather him be annoyed he can't be involved then not remotely bothered.

This.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.