Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: 576 passes completed vs Fulham

Andouble said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Tippy-tappy shite. ;)

I think when you look at the last 2 matches it is an easy comparison to say that we are playing too Arsenal'ish, trying to walk the ball into the net.

But then I sit back and look at the table and aside from that other lot no other team in the division has even half the amount of goals we've got.

We were unlucky not to win against Napoli - 2 crossbars, an uncharacteristic giveaway, Nasri/Dzeko/Aguero going close countless times, but the only time I would describe our play as 'tippy tappy shite' is half of the second half yesterday. And goodness me, it still took a wicked deflection off our defender to beat us. We should've put it to bed much earlier but to Fulham's credit they didn't bend over like 15 or so teams in the Premiership would 2-0 down 46 minutes through.

Overall we've been playing a clever passing style reminiscent of the Arse glory days/a mild Barcelona, very clinical (on the scoresheet), and a couple individual mistakes have cost us.

If there's one thing that most have faith with Mancini in it's shoring up the defence, and I think once NDJ comes back hopefully next week or so we'll have our balance and get back to firing on all cylinders.

Rant over
There's a well-disguised wink at the end of my original post... ;)

Re: 576 passes completed vs Fulham

u2fme2 said:
its a shame passes Don't mean points

teams that consistently pass the ball more than others are often found atop the table.

Several mistakes from Mancini-

1. Didnt use the squad - played to many (9 was it?) of the lads who played in the CL in midweek. Tired legs all over.

2. Took the best player on the pitch off after an hour or so.

3. Brought on a defensive player to try and 'save' the 3 points.

4. Gave Fulham mental strength by quite clearly shitting himself when they scored. Naive.

Everton will get it 3-0 though so that should get us back to winning ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.