Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Comrade Buka said:
Noelsnapkin said:
Yaya doesn't look fit. A yard off the pace. Look at him for the second goal. ( Although obviously never a goal without the deflection). We are missing de jong badly.

We are not missing De Jong. We are missing the signing that should've replaced De Jong if he got injured.

Hargreaves? :P

Should have put Razak on the bench at least.

mike channon´s windmill said:
BobbytheBlue said:
Absolutely gutted with that 2nd half, well the last 44min and 48 seconds of it.

Think the ref got the 2nd goal wrong Dzeko was definately fouled.

RM should never of took Silva off unless injured but Silva's reaction shows he wasn't.

The main gripe i have is with Yaya, our midfield was getting totally overrun and he went missing, he is not playing the same role as last year and need to be more responsible, we got over run because he didn't do his job.

I think he is an awesome player but sometimes his decision making is terrible.
Dzeko was the main problem today. He simply couldn´t control a ball , his passing was awful and we needed to keep it on the deck against the likes of fookin tower block Hangeland
Disappointed but this week has been a learning curve after a grueling game in the week. Most will get a good rest this week ready for next week.

Would that include the assist on Aguero's second goal?

pudge said:
It's not the fact that people are 'spoilt' nowadays, it's the fact that we were 2-0 up in a game which we should have won from that point on and ended up drawing. That's why i'm annoyed, we dropped 2 points.

This + 1

I will never slag our players or manager off...however I will criticise our defense today - bar richards - as they were bloody poor second half. Its all very well saying it's only 2 pts dropped but Sunderlad away,Fulham at home,Brum at home cost us the league last year so it does matter!

PaulPowre said:
blueinsa said:
5 games in.....

Won 4 of them.....

13 points from 15.....

CL football.....

2nd in the league.....

....and this board goes in to fucking meltdown.

Only on Bluemoon.

5 games and weve been lucky before today to get 4 wins. Bolton away was awful defending as well as today.

We were very lucky to draw with Napoli.

trying to dance the ball in the net and since Dzeko was dropped after the Souds game he looks totally useless.

FFS grow up man - your not lucky to win 4 and draw one if you score 17 (I think it is) goals in the process. Our defending needs work, but we are going fine. We might have been lucky to draw with Napoli, but it was the sort of game where we were at the same time unlucky not to win. Dzeko was fine today - not sure why he is being criticised, but you guys always need a boo boy I guess.

Hart 7 - couple of quality saves. Some bad kicks but could do nothing with the goals.

Richards 7 - Some good challenges and got forward as much as possible. Let down by CB's for Fulham's first goal.

Kompany 6 - Looks out of sorts recently

Lescott 5 - Lumps the ball upfield too much. Too easily dragged out of position for their first goal.

Clichy 6 - Started off well, faded as an attacking force in the 2nd half

Barry 7 - Solid game again from Barry.

Yaya 6 - Started off well but began losing possession as the game went on.

Silva 8 - MOTM again. Great assist for the opener. Should not have been taken off

Nasri 6 - Some nice touches in the first half but disappeared in the 2nd.

Aguero 7 - Two quality goals but didn't quite get into the game enough.

Dzeko 6 - Looked clumsy again. Went down too easily for Fulham's 2nd.

Mancini 5 - Negativity cost us.

Comrade Buka said:
Jumanji said:
rastus said:
Why am I so pissed? Bobby trying to defend a 2-1 lead and making poor decisions
Hindsight is 20/20. Please list these 'poor decisions' for me.

Silva off, instead of Nasri, that tickle your fancy?
Who says keeping Silva would have won us the fucking match. That's just hopeful wishing. We don't know. The way they were parking the bus, I doubt even he would have found that incisive final ball.

Re: Masterplan

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Such optimism belies the fact that you have watched MCFC for some time, Kev.

I'm hoping that we have a sprinkling of talent on the pitch on Wednesday and don't use it as play other squad members instead of going out to win the match.

Saturday is one of those lottery fixtures which over the last three or four seasons we haven't won as much as a tenner.

Long enough mate, we owe Everton big time.

We should give the Carling Cup respect as we need to keep winning trophies(got the bug)

One word sums up it up today: Suicidal.

What Mancini should of done, instead of taking Silva off was nothing! We were the better team.
I don't think it was even the actual loss of Silva, it was the fact that a player that offers absolutely fuck all offensively was brought on!! We tried to shut up shop when we should of really turned up the heat. That is not what you do, when the line up and original game plan is creative, with Silva and Nasri primarily pulling the strings.

We let Fulham back into the game, and they take full advantage of it.
Mancini panics, and decides to bring Tevez on.
Not a bad decision, but bringing off Aguero was again, suicidal!

Dzeko was average today and should of been subbed instead. Was Mancini possessed? I really can't explain it today.
Replacing our only goal-scorer, who bagged 2!! (who was really, the only one looking to score again) is laughable, and he will be deservedly, crucified for his substitutions today.

BUT!

It's 5 games in, relax. We have been excellent so far, Mancini cocked up.

Look how Chelsea fell apart, form changes. United aren't going to have an 'invincible' season. Personally, I'm itching to play them.

Disappointed

Letting a 2 - 0 lead slip to bottom of the Prem - not acceptable if we are a force with whom to be reckoned.

Cruise control first half - second half - enough said!

Similar to Napoli game tbh and lessons not learned.

The wheels haven't come off and its not a disaster - still an away point.

Hints of "Typical City" today :P

I was reading fellow bluemooner, Steven Tudor's very good article this morning http://www.sabotagetimes.com/footba...er-city-the-battle-of-the-miserable-strikers/ - if you've haven't already, worth a gander

Beat Brum on Wed and then conquer the toffee nemesis Sat and all will be rosy again :)

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.