Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

I wanted us to emulate Barcelona this season, but not in this way!

I'm probably just repeating what everyone's already said, but I watched the game on a foreign language stream so have no idea what the consensus/narrative of the game that's emerged. Disappointed by how much we switched off after the second goal, and though I'm a big, big fan of Dzeko, think he had a little bit of an off-day today. He's been immense in all the games he's played this season, leading the line with aplomb. Not quite there today though.

No need to panic yet.

shroom said:
Dzeko was a possession-destroying turnover machine in the 2nd half and Mancini wouldn't take him off and lose the height on set pieces. Struggle ensued.

whats an example of him losing possession other than his shots

Garden Of Edin said:
One word sums up it up today: Suicidal.

What Mancini should of done, instead of taking Silva off was nothing! We were the better team.
I don't think it was even the actual loss of Silva, it was the fact that a player that offers absolutely fuck all offensively was brought on!! We tried to shut up shop when we should of really turned up the heat. That is not what you do, when the line up and original game plan is creative, with Silva and Nasri primarily pulling the strings.

We let Fulham back into the game, and they take full advantage of it.
Mancini panics, and decides to bring Tevez on.
Not a bad decision, but bringing off Aguero was again, suicidal!

Dzeko was average today and should of been subbed instead. Was Mancini possessed? I really can't explain it today.
Replacing our only goal-scorer, who bagged 2!! (who was really, the only one looking to score again) is laughable, and he will be deservedly, crucified for his substitutions today.

BUT!

It's 5 games in, relax. We have been excellent so far, Mancini cocked up.

Look how Chelsea fell apart, form changes. United aren't going to have an 'invincible' season. Personally, I'm itching to play them.

You can debate what exactly he should have done. And you can debate how exactly it went wrong. But whatever the detail, I think the above conclusion is clear. Today we fucked it up. And to be more precise, the manager fucked it up.

Only one game, and only 2 points gone. So not the end of the world. But I hope we learn from this and don't do it again too much, or the title is a goner.

Great first half, shocking second. We can't be dropping points in games like that.

Disappointed with Silvas reaction, carry on like that and I'll happily see you sold in January.

Salfordian Blue said:
A draw away to a team who can be tricky is not the end of the world.

'team who can be tricky' ? Cop on mate.

Fulham were bottom of the table, and we were 2-0 up. We dominated the first half completely, and scored in the first 10 seconds of the second half.

Mancini cost us 3 points.

[bigimg]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xr/125586300.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3FADE280B98C6D523E6A66595387CF2E6D8D2E7154BCABA33D90F55034CEB503EE[/bigimg]

Your negativity cost us the game !

Taking Silva out & Keeping Dzeko were his biggest mistakes today !

& BTW, he should brought Tevez earlier !

one of these days ..

happens, Barca did a similar mistake recently, I am not comparing us to them but just saying it can happen to any team.

hopefully Mancini will learn from this mistake.

team against Birmingham will be interesting.

moomba said:
Disappointed with Silvas reaction, carry on like that and I'll happily see you sold in January.

A bit strong that mate. He walks on water and isn't allowed a shrug of the head for the most INSANE substitution of the season?

moomba said:
Great first half, shocking second. We can't be dropping points in games like that.

Why? He looked disappointed to come off, then he shrugged his shoulders and left. He didn't go down the tunnel, he didn't argue. I'd rather him be annoyed he can't be involved then not remotely bothered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.