Fulham Vs City Post Match Thread

blue underpants said:
jimharri said:
blue underpants said:
Smiths at it now, did we bring the Black Death to this country or somat?
Eh? What's Morrissey up to now?
Nice one, but Alan Smith just said we are the strongest team in the league, its ours to lose

-- Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:55 pm --

jimharri said:
blue underpants said:
Smiths at it now, did we bring the Black Death to this country or somat?
Eh? What's Morrissey up to now?
Nice one, but Alan Smith just said we are the strongest team in the league, its ours to lose
To be honest, I don't see too much wrong with what he's said. If we can get our away form to nearly match what we're doing at Fortress Etihad, we should, not ''will'', piss this league.

Vienna_70 said:
1.618034 said:
cleavers said:
Great result.

No idea how we played as I was following the match thread where it sounded like relegation is almost certain now, but the BBC final score described us a class apart.

I guess reality will be somewhere in between.

79 goals now this season, still not christmas, amazing.

F**k defending.
At this rate we should beat Chelsea's record of 103 in a (PL) season by February!

The Goal diff of 71 might take a little longer though...

We've 'only' scored 51 goals in the Premier League; 79 goals in all competitions.

Ah. A dangerous mix of beer, weed and bad research...

Sorry. Very poor.

But still... The record is within sight.

53 needed in 21 games. Just over 2.5 per game. Seems very doable the way things are going.

1.618034 said:
Vienna_70 said:
1.618034 said:
At this rate we should beat Chelsea's record of 103 in a (PL) season by February!

The Goal diff of 71 might take a little longer though...

We've 'only' scored 51 goals in the Premier League; 79 goals in all competitions.

Ah. A dangerous mix of beer, weed and bad research...

Sorry. Very poor.

But still... The record is within sight.

53 needed in 21 games. Just over 2.5 per game. Seems very doable the way things are going.

We could do with a couple of 10-0`s then.Mind you we don`t seem to be able to keep a clean sheet so I want mind a 10-3 and a 10-6 !!

When Vinny miskicked the ball for their equaliser I had visions of the Villa fiasco. But full credit to the lads, they put their disappointment behind them and went on to win a very tricky game.

I thought the substitutions were well thought out and they had the desired result. Until Navas' arrival we had bugger all thrust down the right flank. Losing Pablo left a huge gap in both defence and attack and with due respect to Gael Clichy he should not be played at right back against the dippers - he should be on the other side against the speedster Sterling.

Dzeko and Negredo doesn't seem to be a good pairing - Edin had a decent game but Negredo seemed to come more into the game when he was the lone striker.

Just watched the Dippers v Cardiff game - hope the referee for our game on Boxing Day took note of Skirtl's continued shirt pulling at corners and punishes him accordingly.

Thoughts on the kit?

Gave me happy 2011/2012 memories, but didn't like the sky blue shorts - and yes I realise they were probably necessary.

Made me think though; I reckon the current strip (with the white shorts) and the navy socks would be mint!

Oh, and the win was welcome too! ;)

Claytop said:
Anyone seen the telegraph online headline..

'City labour to victory at the Cottage'

First line reads:

'Like half-and-half scarves or the strangely resilient appeal of Sven-Goran Eriksson, Manchester City’s patchy away form is one of the enduring mysteries of modern football.'

The same patchy away form that has seen us win 4 out of the last 5 including beating the best team in the world.

Yeah, exactly! And before that there was the whole Villa match where we dominated but things went utterly and flukishly awry. And the oddness at the end of Chavski. So enough with this AWAY FORM shite, media twunts!!!!!!!

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Thoughts on the kit?

Gave me happy 2011/2012 memories, but didn't like the sky blue shorts - and yes I realise they were probably necessary.

Made me think though; I reckon the current strip (with the white shorts) and the navy socks would be mint!

Oh, and the win was welcome too! ;)

Same thoughts as to the title season. Shield aside, this was a better kit than that. And come to think, the navy socks have all sorts of tradition from way back when. Would look class with the current strip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.