Full backs and our tactics

I think full-backs can make or break Pep's system. He must wish he had a career peak Dani Alves who would add so much to our attacking play.

Walker was probably the best right back available at the time but he does have limitations to his game.

Mendy could be great if he was fit for more than a few games in a row and Danilo is almost as big a sick-note as Mendy.

Maybe five at the back with Zinc at left back would work but probably not the time for radical changes.

Really wish we had some candidates from the youth team who could step up.

I have always believed there is more chance of success promoting fullbacks from the academy than any other position. We seemed to have missed out recently.

I’m a bit confused about Walker. At the moment he’s obviously unfit and lacking confidence.

But I can’t help shake the memory of pretty much every game where he works his cock off, does 99% of things right but seems to have a 1 pretty major lapse per game. We get away with it most of the time but it really is becoming magnified at the moment.

He’s obviously a brilliant footballer but i just can’t work out if he’s brilliant enough.

I’m a bit confused about Walker. At the moment he’s obviously unfit and lacking confidence.

But I can’t help shake the memory of pretty much every game where he works his cock off, does 99% of things right but seems to have a 1 pretty major lapse per game. We get away with it most of the time but it really is becoming magnified at the moment.

He’s obviously a brilliant footballer but i just can’t work out if he’s brilliant enough.

He needs a break , played lots last season, then WC, and because of Danillo being injured has had to play almost every game again.

Danilo didn't struggle with the style last season, his peak performances were better than Walker's. He struggled with injuries and being played at left back, defensive mid and centre half.

Agree with this. Would be great to get him fit. Important player who puts a shift in wherever the managers chooses to put him

Delph, Zinchenko aren’t full backs

Walker isn’t good enough and Mendy is like Roberto Carlos going forward but Mangala going back.

Clichy, Kolarov and Zaba (Zaba only last 2 years) weren’t good enough either.

Danilo is alright.

We’ve spent a fuck ton of money on shite basically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.