Full backs and our tactics

I`ve never seen any penguin with balls.Perhaps its that cold they have them tucked up somewhere.
You've already spent an entire night on here telling Pingu that she didn't have balls, I'm sure she's aware of the fact.
giphy.gif

We only have 1 left back and he's always injured. Danillo isn't top class and Walker has been poor recently but was very good last season, maybe he's been over played. Don't think it's the system just injury's and no depth.
Its a bit of a pisser that theres 'no depth' I mean whats happened to all these young very talented lads weve been signing for our academy ?

Its a bit of a pisser that theres 'no depth' I mean whats happened to all these young very talented lads weve been signing for our academy ?
Full backs is also a problem for our youth teams. Except Bolton maybe, but he’s injured most of the time sadly

Pep’s sides are all about balance. Without KDG or Silva teams are able to double up on our wide players and force us inside as we’re less of a threat. We’re unbalanced.

Hopefully normal service will resume with a healthy squad.

Pep’s sides are all about balance. Without KDG or Silva teams are able to double up on our wide players and force us inside as we’re less of a threat. We’re unbalanced.

Hopefully normal service will resume with a healthy squad.
If this apparent new signing KDG is even close to on par with DeBruyne we are in good shape.

The system asks a lot of players in most positions, not just fullback. If one goes to shit, the whole team needs to go up a level to recover it.

Re fullback position: Walker is fucked & Zinchenko is shit. So we are left with a converted mid left & an irregular player at right back.

Add to that, the number of times Fernandinho either occupies the attacker out wide or covers for the centre backs, sometimes even in the line, thus providing an extra man, changing the position of the defence in general & it's not difficult to figure how it might go pear shaped with several missing.

We need 3 new FBs. Proper FBs or we will fail.

Delph worked miracles last year but Mendy needs to either shape up or ship out.

We also need another DM. Is it any wonder we are conceding goals.

Pep's system deliberately sacrifices some defensive stability to make us better going forward. So when we're not firing up top, people start to look at our dodgy defence as the problem. But I think the bigger issues are at the other end. 2 months ago, we would have beat Leicester 5-2. The last few games, we've become largely predictable to defend against. But yeah, we need Fernandinho back quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.