Full Backs?

Are we not signing a 4th full back then? I did like the look of Zinchenko on the left yesterday but I read he's being linked with a move to Napoli. I'd rather give him games at left back than use Sane as a wing back.

Are we not signing a 4th full back then? I did like the look of Zinchenko on the left yesterday but I read he's being linked with a move to Napoli. I'd rather give him games at left back than use Sane as a wing back.
I assume Pep must have something in mind as otherwise we are one injury to a natural fullback away from the other two having to play all the games? Similarly thin at CB, and to a lesser extent striker. We have a great squad but could still be a little deeper in certain areas

Danillo has been one of the most impressive players in pre-season. I didn't realise he was so good.

We have two or three weaknesses in the squad:

lack of cover at full-back
question mark over ability of central defenders
Finishing - Aguero. I was worried about him last season. Still worried.

There is also a January transfer window in case a fullback gets injured.

I think we are more likely to go for Mbappe.

Still have a feeling we'll be signing another left back. I know Danilo can play there but I don't think we're taking any risks this season of leaving ourselves short i.e. no using Mangala at left back because Mendy's injured & Danilo's playing in midfield. We've also left the 3 shirt free, which could either be on purpose or have absolutely no significance...
I'm sure this has absolutely no significance :)

Seeing as Danilo wears 3

Danillo has been one of the most impressive players in pre-season. I didn't realise he was so good.

If you think Danilo has been wonderful, why would you also think we need cover at Fullback. That's what Danilo is there for.

You are worried about Aguero's finishing? I'd suggest it was the rest of them that need to sharpen up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.