Full English breakfast near Piccadilly station.

I had chips and gravy in Leo’s last year and it was pretty mediocre to be honest. Not sure if it’s just another case of a well known place in a busy area resting on its laurels or I caught them on a bad day.

The service wasn't all that. She was a bit rude too. I used to use Antonio's Cafe when I'd come up to matches at Maine Road from my old stomping grounds of South Wales and Hereford. Straight out of Piccadilly Station and in to the greasy spoon for a good feed. I'd then go to HMV on Market Street to buy albums I couldn't get where I lived. Southern Cemetery bus to Maine Road and off to the match.

How times change...

Know it. I imagine you’re a Full English man. Brown sauce. Am I right? Am I?

I use a chippy on Oldham Street for pie, chips, peas and gravy too. Eat in place. Leo’s?

Yep, Leos is pretty good for fish and chips , WHEN it's open .... but it hasn't been in recent weeks.

Another really good chippy is Wrights on Cross Street. (nr Albert Sq) .... but they close around 7pm.

On the breakfast front , both Koffee Pot and Weatherspoons are great shouts .... and Rowntrees cafe, in the Arndale, always seem to do well .

Last edited:
I always go to Cafe Metro. The boss there is a legend!

Well make the most of your trips to Cafe Metro , because if these planned apartments manage to get over this slight 'hitch' the demolition team will be 'going ahead' and completely squashing Cafe Mtero ..... as it says just below the third photo on here!

This short excert is from another site ...

There was vehement opposition from Cllr Adele Douglass and Sam Wheeler, who called the proposal in the High Strret and Shudehill conservation area “a total disgrace”, that the loss of Manchester institution Café Metro would harm visitors to the city, and said that the proposed “height, size, location, and heritage of the scheme is wrong” for this part of the city.

Despite this, and other objections raised before the committee, the scheme was approved seven to two.

Last edited:
Know it. I imagine you’re a Full English man. Brown sauce. Am I right? Am I?

I use a chippy on Oldham Street for pie, chips, peas and gravy too. Eat in place. Leo’s?

Definitely Leo’s and it’s a good chippy, very good.
Chips & fish batter always crispy, everything always cooked fresh and served piping hot.
If ever I have a chippy meal it’s from Leo’s in Oldham St, if I’m in town, or from Chips At No.8 in Prestwich if I’m nearer home.

If I buy from a chippy it’s an accolade to how good it is. I live by a high fat / low carb diet (for the obvious health reasons) but it’s not a religion, so I’ll have an occasional ‘carby’ meal. I just make sure that it’s very good grub whenever I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.